"Time to break the silence" Phillip Marshall FREE Article

Elephant Tipper

Re: Bagman Sheridan's current on-air assault of AU.  Semi-short read...Good points.  WDE !!!

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Time-to-break-the-silence-33113

Bagman Sheridan, "who made his name by publishing odds but says he’s not an oddsmaker, went on two radio shows Thursday to insist that he knew what he was talking about when he said a “bagman” had been identified in the Cam Newton saga. He was clearly stung by the overwhelmingly negative reaction of national sports writers and others to his first salvo."

:zapbama:  :zapbama:  :zapbama:

The NCAA needs to respond.  How many 25 year employees do they have and can they require people to take a polygraph test? 

Danny Sheridan is acting so screwy and claiming to have such an insight on what the NCAA is going to do that one wonders how much influence he has with the NCAA... is he, as an odds maker, paying off people inside the NCAA to do his bidding or is he paying them off to tip him off about relevant NCAA actions before the public knows so he can cash in on that info?

This is the part that needs to be repeated over and over again....

Here’s what I do know:

If a “bagman” has been identified, no one at Auburn is aware of it. The financial records of Cecil Newton, Cam Newton, his wife and his churches were scoured by the NCAA last year. Every possible Auburn record was examined. As one Auburn administrator put it: “They ran a stethoscope down our throat and didn’t find anything.”

And Auburn has still not received any kind of letter of investigation.

I’m not saying the NCAA should say anything about what it’s looking into or what it isn’t. But it can put this fire out simply by saying there is no source passing out such information. If there is such a source, there ought to be an announcement that he or she has been summarily fired.

It’s simple as that.

I think Sheridan is only helping Auburn. The national media writ large is growing tired of folks like him crying wolf. It also puts the NCAA in the same position as Auburn, having their reputation and integrity drug through the mud based soley on unverifiable hearsay.

I think there are lots of people beginning to wonder how people with no or limited investigative budgets, has all the proof of AU paying Cam, but the NCAA with all their investigative resources can’t find anything.  I would like to know how much the NCAA has spent trying to find evidence of us pays Cam, and obviously they have found nothing. 

The only people who claim to have found or know anything about AU paying Cam, have no funds to investigate.  Oh yes, but these people who have all this information are fan of which school, the reporter who are writing the articles are fan of which school?  You can’t keep crying wolf without losing your objective audience.  I think and hope we are seeing the end of these false articles. 

I think that the NCAA should be investigated by the FBI.

I think the FBI needs to get out of the gambling issue in Alabama and look at Finebaum and Sheridan. No wait; one agent has already said he lied in testimony he day before. Gee whiz.

No one is going to like this, but the NCAA isn't going to say "there is no evidence" if there is even the slightest chance there might turn out to be some.  As long as there are nut jobs out there claiming to know something and media whores like Finebaum continue to legitimize them by giving them air time, the NCAA will not end this by declaring there is no evidence. 

This is the part that needs to be repeated over and over again....

Here’s what I do know:

If a “bagman” has been identified, no one at Auburn is aware of it. The financial records of Cecil Newton, Cam Newton, his wife and his churches were scoured by the NCAA last year. Every possible Auburn record was examined. As one Auburn administrator put it: “They ran a stethoscope down our throat and didn’t find anything.”

And Auburn has still not received any kind of letter of investigation.

I’m not saying the NCAA should say anything about what it’s looking into or what it isn’t. But it can put this fire out simply by saying there is no source passing out such information. If there is such a source, there ought to be an announcement that he or she has been summarily fired.

It’s simple as that.

Yet so hard for so many to comprehend.... :banghead:

Great article by PM I got mad respect for the journalism he does....

the comments were spot-on too, I would love for a nice big article about the bammer nation, and I mean the REC, the media, the system of backhanded business owners who funnel money and how it always disappears. Factor in the never-ending probation and diluted fanbase and you have a 30 for 30 show for the ages

Has Phillip ever written a bad article? I LOVED reading his stuff when he used to put some of it on gumpdyke.com formerly known as al.com. I have never read a bad article from him. I have really been thinking of paying that site just to get to read his articles.

i agree...i like b. matt, just fine ... but i really respect p. marsh's journalism.  the other sites dont have any more inside info then auc and they sure dont have a p. marsh.

Archived