tOSU and Auburn fans have a similar complaint

AUBSC76

http://www.theozone.net/football/2011/Tresselaffair/nationenraged.html

Advance Clarification:  Tressell is guilty as charged and he lied to cover it up.  Auburn isn't and has done nothing to cover up..  The complaint that Auburn and tOSU fans share is the writer's point that what passes for journalism in the current era is lemming bloggers parrotting what another sports writer, television reporter or analyst, bookie, or blogger writes as if it is established fact even though the original source did not provide any factual basis (ie: source willing to go on record, credible eyewitnesses, or physical evidence) for their sensational story.  A few salient excerpts:

"For months we have heard the speculation about what people should expect Ohio State's punishment to be, but it was always based on reports that never seemed to turn out to be very accurate."

"With the NCAA coming out and saying that they have found no new violations, it would seem to reason that Sports by Brooks was wrong when he said, and confirmed, that the NCAA had checks in Pryor's name, and if there are no checks, then Wetzel's premise was just an exercise in conclusion jumping - and guessing wrong.

Wetzel is an incredibly-respected writer and reporter, and so for him to write something like this tells you a little bit about the national perception. It's okay to be wrong as long as everybody agrees with what you're writing."

"I believe these people wouldn't be so angry if they had taken some time to do some research that didn't consist solely of innuendo and rumor. But let's be honest, innuendo and rumor is so much easier.

Research takes a lot of work. Researching past sanctions over the last 20 years involving 10.1 violations took me the better part of an entire weekend.

There is really no reason for a national writer to do that kind of work because it's easier just to write what you think, as opposed to what others know."

Sad reality.  Hence the reason I avoid media pretty much completely.  I don't need the evening news, newspaper, blogs, ESPN, or any other garbage to keep up with my Auburn Tigers, especially since the wonderful AE exists.   I do read the SEC blog on ESPN, and SOME, and I stress SOME, al.com articles.   You just have to keep out of the comments over there, aka never scroll down past the end of the article.   I only read about the actual football though.   The rest, well...I'm better off not knowing the garbage they spew.  And I feel the same way about 99% of all other societal "news," be it politics, socio-economic issues, local government, etc.  It's all just what they want you to read/believe. 

Good advice.  A corollary is to not waste your time listening to Slimebaum and his ilk.  It will only pizz you off and, afterward, your IQ will have dropped.

Archived