Big Al Borges

tigerrules

Meeechegan is Bamr obnoxious with Vandy academics. They think they invented football.

At least they use blue as a color (Sparty refers to it as Yellar and blue, no high  fallutin maize )

Still as long as Gorgeous is there I will be a "fan" even though I once lived just outside Lansing

and follow the support your local landgrant policy with Michigan St.

Defense seems to be optional with a lot of teams these days.

Robinson and AB is a combination to be hold.

Yeah, I always felt like Borges kinda got the short end of the stick, so I'm happy to see him doing well. I don't really care for the team he's coaching, but I like the Irish even less, so this was a win for me.

I do agree about cheering for Sparty over UM, ND, AND OSU...

Yeah, I always felt like Borges kinda got the short end of the stick, so I'm happy to see him doing well. I don't really care for the team he's coaching, but I like the Irish even less, so this was a win for me.

I do agree about cheering for Sparty over UM, ND, AND OSU...

Couldn't have said it better myself, Red. Agreed on all points.

War Eagle

ditto, about borges i am a mich. fan just because he is there. but remember the last 3 years offense was not an issue at mich. it was defense. still sucks.

just curious ... is there a former assistant coach more well liked than borges (other than rocker and chizik)

this is interesting. i think we all realized then and now that tubs(and recruiting) was the problem with the offense there is no way you have 2 great years and then forget how to call plays. tubs was very hardheaded he held borges back and then fired him in favor of a more exciting brand of offense. it doesnt get much more exciting than 05 and 06. well 2010maybe.

just curious ... is there a former assistant coach more well liked than borges (other than rocker and chizik)

this is interesting. i think we all realized then and now that tubs(and recruiting) was the problem with the offense there is no way you have 2 great years and then forget how to call plays. tubs was very hardheaded he held borges back and then fired him in favor of a more exciting brand of offense. it doesnt get much more exciting than 05 and 06. well 2010maybe.

I think you mean 04 and 05...06 we had a great team, but that was the beginning of the downslide of the offense. Losing Aromashadu, Obomanu, and Mix was a bigger blow to the offense than losing Carnell, Ronnie, and Campbell.

Always liked Al Borges.  I think CTT dumped too much blame on him after 2007 when he was fired.  Glad that he's back at a big school.  Favorite former assistant coaches?  Probably Paul Davis and Wayne Hall.

I remember Marcus McNeil saying that the first time he saw Coach Borges that Coach Borges reminded him of a big Blueberry Muffin!  This is the truth!  I really did like Coach Borges and thought that he was a solid OC that worked well with the players to get the most from them. I hope he does well at Michigan. I would love to maybe see Coach Borges landing a HC job soon before time runs out for him. I believe he is in his mid 50s, and his ship for a HC job may have already left port. Anyhow, the best of luck to you Coach Borges!

WDE!!

Doc

:believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe: :believe:

It's already been said, but it's worth repeating - Coach Borges didn't just forget how to coach in 06 and 07. I think it became obvious in hindsight that Tubs put the handcuffs on the offense and simply wanted to win with defense. I remember after winning the 07 Iron Bowl how Hugh Nall walked right past Al Borges and hugged one of the other coaches. I remember thinking that Al was on the outs at that point. A few weeks later, he was gone. So happy he's in a situation where he's not handcuffed and can do what he does!

If Tuberville had let Al coach the offense the way he was use to coaching, we could have 1 and maybe 2 National Championships plus 2 to 3 SEC Championships. Hardly anyone could stop us. But no, TT had to stick his hands where they didn't belong. At least Chizik has been letting Gus drive the Auburn bus.

If Tuberville had let Al coach the offense he was use to coaching, we could have 1 and maybe 2 National Championships plus 2 to 3 SEC Championships. Hardly anyone could stop us. But no, TT had to stick his hands where they didn't belong. At least Chizik has been letting Gus drive the Auburn bus.

^^^^EXACTLY^^^^

IF, and I said IF coach Malzahn gets a head coaching job in 2012, I'd like to see use bring Al Borges back if we don't give the job to coach Luper or coach Taylor that is.

IF, and I said IF coach Malzahn gets a head coaching job in 2012, I'd like to see use bring Al Borges back if we don't give the job to coach Luper or coach Taylor that is.

Not a chance IMO. Now, as I've said, I hold Borges in very high regard, but whomever we bring in after Malzahn leaves (which, call me crazy, but I don't think it'll be after this season) will be someone who leans toward the hurry up spread. We're already geared in that direction; why mess with a good thing? Borges' west coast style wouldn't fit nearly as well to this personnel grouping...and though the kind of talent we've been bringing in is capable of excelling in any offensive system, they came to run the offense we're running.

Archived