We will beat South Carolina

AUnCullman

I think we finally see some steps in the right direction this week. While it was FAU, there were glimpses of better tackling and better attack to the football...at times. Plus, anybody who doesnt think we looked ahead to SC just a little bit last week is crazy.

While the defense will get PLENTY of points get put up on them, I don't count any AU team out with Malzahn at OC because they tore their D apart in the SECCG, and I think that the offense can keep up with SC, at least enough to make it a game at the end.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are to beat South Carolina, we must allow Dyer to play like the Heisman candidate he can be. Had we given Dyer the rock 30 times, we beat S. Carolina. Had we given him 26 against Florida Atlantic, he gets 15 yards.

These first four games feel a little like what Bowden did to Steven Davis his last year at Auburn.  :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I am forever an optimist when it comes to Auburn in the modern era.  And under Chizik, I think we will always have a chance.  This team needs to step it up though.  3rd downs, my friend.  3rd downs!!!!

I think the coaches have decided to use him more but held him back because it was FAU. If the O-Line can step up like they did last time vs. USCe he could have a career day. Their defense is not Clemson's. Agree that 3rd downs must get better. They were our specialty last year and our achilles heel this year.

I don't know that we will be South Carolina, but I sincerely doubt we will play as poorly against them as we did against FAU. I think the players' mentality last night was that they would be able to come out and do whatever they wanted against the worst team in the country. That's not conducive to blowing anyone out, even if we did win comfortably.

As someone already mentioned, we were in the game against Clemson all the way up to that pick Trotter threw near the goal line. If he puts a little air under that to get it over the safety, it's a touchdown and we're right back in it. That might well have been enough of a spark to get the defensive line firing off the ball and making plays. Who knows?

SC will be a challenge, no doubt, but for one their home field isn't as intimidating as Clemson's (even if their Death Valley isn't on par with LSU's version), and for another I did see improvement against FAU. I think the younger players are going to get more time with their improved play, and I was encouraged by seeing Holland in proper position on his pick. I am forever optimistic about the potential for improvement, because with the level of talent that comes through the Plains, there is always the potential to beat ANY team on a given day, no matter who it is. Yeah, we've looked sloppy, but I stand by my team no matter what.

It might take hitting rock bottom before we see much improvement. For that matter, we might have to endure an abysmal season this year for it to happen. And maybe that's exactly what this team needs: all the young guys seeing what it is to lose, learning what not to do, and finding the drive to not let it happen again. I don't think that's going to be necessary, and I'm sure not going to throw in the towel, but I am absolutely excited about the future of Auburn football!

One more thing: while I'm not willing to make a prediction on the SC game, or any of the games in October for that matter, there is one game that I've had a feeling about for some time now. I think Alabama is going to come into Jordan-Hare on their high horses and get knocked right off. That's right: I believe that we're gonna beat Bama. And quite frankly, I think the more we lose before then, the more likely it is to happen. And boy, wouldn't it be sweet to have that as the high note leading into 2012?

I don't know that we will be South Carolina, but I sincerely doubt we will play as poorly against them as we did against FAU. I think the players' mentality last night was that they would be able to come out and do whatever they wanted against the worst team in the country. That's not conducive to blowing anyone out, even if we did win comfortably.

As someone already mentioned, we were in the game against Clemson all the way up to that pick Trotter threw near the goal line. If he puts a little air under that to get it over the safety, it's a touchdown and we're right back in it. That might well have been enough of a spark to get the defensive line firing off the ball and making plays. Who knows?

SC will be a challenge, no doubt, but for one their home field isn't as intimidating as Clemson's (even if their Death Valley isn't on par with LSU's version), and for another I did see improvement against FAU. I think the younger players are going to get more time with their improved play, and I was encouraged by seeing Holland in proper position on his pick. I am forever optimistic about the potential for improvement, because with the level of talent that comes through the Plains, there is always the potential to beat ANY team on a given day, no matter who it is. Yeah, we've looked sloppy, but I stand by my team no matter what.

It might take hitting rock bottom before we see much improvement. For that matter, we might have to endure an abysmal season this year for it to happen. And maybe that's exactly what this team needs: all the young guys seeing what it is to lose, learning what not to do, and finding the drive to not let it happen again. I don't think that's going to be necessary, and I'm sure not going to throw in the towel, but I am absolutely excited about the future of Auburn football!

One more thing: while I'm not willing to make a prediction on the SC game, or any of the games in October for that matter, there is one game that I've had a feeling about for some time now. I think Alabama is going to come into Jordan-Hare on their high horses and get knocked right off. That's right: I believe that we're gonna beat Bama. And quite frankly, I think the more we lose before then, the more likely it is to happen. And boy, wouldn't it be sweet to have that as the high note leading into 2012?

I thought last years win was unbelievably sweet. But if we beat the turds this year,

that would be over the top. I truly enjoy the thought of that though.

Shut lattimore down and let Garcia win it for us...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think Lattimore is excited.to play us. Based on our defensive.play so far, he may have a big night.

any offensive team in the country would be excited to play us. :-X

This games depends on which Garcia and which Auburn defense shows up. If the drunk Garcia and the Missed Tackle Gang both show up then it will be ugly both ways.

I think the Auburn team that played Moo State shows up and plays well.

Not trying to be a negative nancy, but I think we go 0 for October. I hope like hell that I'm wrong, but I do not think I am.   :(

Wow!  So you're predicting that Ole Miss beats us at home on Oct. 29?

I think Lattimore is excited.to play us. Based on our defensive.play so far, he may have a big night.

We are no longer a nightmare for the other team, we are a dream.

Now, We have everyone just where we want them.  I'm convinced that this early sloppy play was all a plan so the teams on our brutal October schedule will look past us.  Coach Chizik is a genius.  It really wasn't that hard to convince myself of this either.    ;) 

Now, We have everyone just where we want them.  I'm convinced that this early sloppy play was all a plan so the teams on our brutal October schedule will look past us.  Coach Chizik is a genius.  It really wasn't that hard to convince myself of this either.    ;) 

I would agree with this statement if we had eeked out a win against clemson....

I would agree with this statement if we had eeked out a win against clemson....

It was non-conference so Coach Chizik was willing to take a loss to make the plan more realistic.....  :dunno:

South Carolina will be ready to play us with 2010 still stuck in their minds.

I just hope our guys are ready to meet the challenge and fight hard. We must play like we have nothing to lose. We're a young team, we're going to make mistakes, but just make those mistakes full speed. Play smart, yet aggressive football.

There is absolutely no reason for Gus to hold anything back at this point. If we have to give Mike the ball 35 times, so be it.

I hope we make Lattimore pay for his college choice one last time before the schedule changes. (Unless we meet them in Atlanta one year. We have a good shot of going in 2 years, but they do not, IMO).

I'm very hopeful and hope that we will execute, but if we lose on the road to a top 10 team...its not going to be a heart breaker.  They want revenge.  They are playing better than we are.  This game will be all about our defensive alignment and execution, thats it.  I think we can score 24 on anyone, can we hold them under 20?

Archived