Are You Glad...

Warbird82

That our staff at AU recruits some of the best special teams players!

Special team players( punters and fg kickers ) are part of a complete team. Alabama and saban, is not a complete team :zapbama:. Thank goodness coach Chizik saw fit to sign some who are very good. :wareagle:

That our staff at AU recruits some of the best special teams players!

Special team players( punters and fg kickers ) are part of a complete team. Alabama and saban, is not a complete team :zapbama:. Thank goodness coach Chizik saw fit to sign some who are very good. :wareagle:

I'm not sure if Alabama is not a complete team or if their kickers just had a bad night.  Either way, let's hope they continue their poor performance when they come to Jordan-Hare.

First tough game bama has played this season...kickers don't have much experience on FGs of any length and frankly can't imagine why Nick had them kicking 50+ when they had not shown the ability to hit them in previous games.  NS just managed the game poorly and kickers got the blame.

Maze had a bad ankle and had no business returning punts, not his fault punt was over his head and he couldn't get to it. NS should have had him deeper or someone else in there. Stop blaming the players NS.

What???? Are you saying that the 2nd coming of the Bahr could possibly make a mistake. You need to repent!

sarcasmc.jpg

I've always said that Spanky is a great recruiter and a great preparer of players.  BUT, he is not a great game-day coach.  In the big games he tends to hock up a fur ball or two.

First tough game bama has played this season...kickers don't have much experience on FGs of any length and frankly can't imagine why Nick had them kicking 50+ when they had not shown the ability to hit them in previous games.   NS just managed the game poorly and kickers got the blame.

^^This - There was some bad coaching decisions in that game.  Can't blame the kickers for that loss, even though they aren't very good. 

You cant have a messed up 2-kicker system like that for 2+ years and not have that come back to haunt you once.

I garuntee Alabama will have a great freshman kicker next year, though.

You cant have a messed up 2-kicker system like that for 2+ years and not have that come back to haunt you once.

I garuntee Alabama will have a great freshman kicker next year, though.

The best that money can buy!!!!  :-X

Maze had a bad ankle and had no business returning punts, not his fault punt was over his head and he couldn't get to it. NS should have had him deeper or someone else in there. Stop blaming the players NS.

Maze said that the punt hit the guide wire and changed the rotation of the ball. Instead of risking a muff, he let it go. Don't know if this is accurate or not, but that's what he said after the game

I remember the Updykes relentlessly ribbing Auburn after we got Parkey. "who gives a scholarship to a kicker!?!". Bet they with they had now.

Archived