Manly Men Doing Manly Things Thread.

Got something manly you've done today? Well then post it here while you eat your bowl of extra spicey chili, break wind, and scratch. In other words while you do what men do. Could be from building your kid a tree house to changing the oil in your truck.

P.S. Sorry, Belle, Tora, AUGirl, and other ladies of the board but keep out. j/k

Ok so me and the wifey just bought a foreclosed home. Though it is only 10 years old the guys that built were building to sell so they went cheap in certain areas, mainly the flooring. Vinyl flooring and carpet throughout and it wasn't the highest grade or nicest looking stuff either.

Originally I planned on laying all my flooring myself. However, considering how cheap I got someone to lay my hardwood, I decided to just focus on the tile. So far this is what I've got...

Photo12201950_3.jpg

Photo12201951.jpg

Photo12201950.jpg

The first picture is a broken tile design I put around all my doorways and the entry into my kitchen and dining room. The 2nd and 3rd pic is a mosaic I put in both my kitchen and dining room, as they have a wall separating them. Kinda excited being my first time to lay tile and all.

Well SMT....I used to buy houses, remodel and then flip them before it was so popular.....so I can paint and wall paper and lay tile. I can also hang sheetrock and patch walls.... ;)

But I will not go near those nasty old toilets that always need replacing in a foreclosed home. All you manly men can do that. ;D

Your floors look great!

Well SMT....I used to buy houses, remodel and then flip them before it was so popular.....so I can paint and wall paper and lay tile. I can also hang sheetrock and patch walls.... ;)

But I will not go near those nasty old toilets that always need replacing in a foreclosed home. All you manly men can do that. ;D

Your floors look great!

Thanks Belle. Unfortunately that "old nasty toliet" it on my to do list this weekend. Along with tiling my bathroom floor.  :(    After that its on to baseboard, door and window casing, cabinets, building and tiling a walk in shower in the masterbath, replacing a tub...  :)

i have tiled both baths, put hardwood and or laminant in the rest of the house(no carpet). next i will tile the kitchen counter with granite tile and then the kithen and utility rm floor tiles. i have put laminant in every family members house too. i like flooring just not very fast at it.

Spray it with Lysol first.... :laugh::-X

:laugh:  :)  :(  :timeout:

BTW....if I ever decide to flip a house again....I'll hire you for the nasty old toilet removal because now you'll have experience. I'll even spring for the can of Lysol.

I will also offer a bonus if you can get it into the dumpster without spilling.... :laugh:

Can't stay out...I AM REALLY IMPRESSED!  GREAT job, Sand!!  Merry Christmas!

Welp I got my toilet removed, all my mud board down, and tiled the bathroom yesterday. Today its time to cut around the walls.

Appreciate the pats on the back Tora and Golf. Oh and Belle, I don't think their is enough money in world to make me pull any other toilets than my own.  :laugh:

Btw.......

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Archived