Kenny Miles to transfer, SIAP

rockfordpi

Heard the announcers saying today that SC RB Kenny Miles had graduated from SC and might be looking to transfer somewhere for Grad School. Doesn't want to spend his SR year on the bench behind ML.

Has anyone heard if AU is a possibility? I hope Dyer comes back, but if he doesn't it would sure be nice to add another experienced RB. Miles looked pretty good today vs Nebraska.

Since he is still enrolled at SC, I don't think AU coaches can (or would) contact him due to NCAA rules. However, I don't think it would be illegal if an AU fan posted on his facebook page or sent him a letter congratulating him for graduating early.

Heard the announcers saying today that SC RB Kenny Miles had graduated from SC and might be looking to transfer somewhere for Grad School. Doesn't want to spend his SR year on the bench behind ML.

Has anyone heard if AU is a possibility? I hope Dyer comes back, but if he doesn't it would sure be nice to add another experienced RB. Miles looked pretty good today vs Nebraska.

Since he is still enrolled at SC, I don't think AU coaches can (or would) contact him due to NCAA rules. However, I don't think it would be illegal if an AU fan posted on his facebook page or sent him a letter congratulating him for graduating early.

It does not matter if AU is interested. As part of the new SEC recruiting rules no SEC teams can use the NCAA graduate exception to have a player for 1 year. He will have to play in a different conference.

It does not matter if AU is interested. As part of the new SEC recruiting rules no SEC teams can use the NCAA graduate exception to have a player for 1 year. He will have to play in a different conference.

I don't know why the SEC adopted that rule...

Mike Slive said it was for academic integrity.

I'm glad the SEC tightened some of the scholarship/recruiting rules; however, I think in an effort to lead the way and compensate for the ridiculousness of guys like Houston Nutt's oversigning we went too far.

I'm glad the SEC tightened some of the scholarship/recruiting rules; however, I think in an effort to lead the way and compensate for the ridiculousness of guys like Houston Nutt's oversigning we went too far.

You are exactly right, we probably did. Does the Big 10 have a hard cap of 25? And no matter how tough the rules, you'll always have coaches like N Saban who will get around them anyway.

You are exactly right, we probably did. Does the Big 10 have a hard cap of 25? And no matter how tough the rules, you'll always have coaches like N Saban who will get around them anyway.

No and neither does yje SEC. We have a soft 25 cap. In the new rule teams can sign over 25 and use what us called an initial qualifier exemption to slot a player in the previous class if the team did not sign 25 the previous year. The Big 10 does not have a signing limit rule. The NCAA adopted the old SEC 28 rule last year and is in affect for all conferences. The SEC has submitted its soft 25 rule to the NCAA also and it will likely be adopted next seasonby the NCAA.

With Blakely, Grant, and freshman J Robinson coming in, we don't need him. Also having Mason and Turtle coming back, we are loaded at RB.

That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Miles only got to play because Lattimore was hurt...he's not in the class with our up and coming young backs.  As noted, we have some bright young talent with or without MD returning.  I think RB is the least of our concerns for next season.

With Blakely, Grant, and freshman J Robinson coming in, we don't need him. Also having Mason and Turtle coming back, we are loaded at RB.

McCalebb is going to test his NFL Draft stock heavily before making any decision.....so its not a guarantee just yet he will come back

Nothing says academic integrity like telling someone whose graduated they can't transfer out of a bad position into a better one. 

Once again, I choke on the hipocrisy

McCalebb is going to test his NFL Draft stock heavily before making any decision.....so its not a guarantee just yet he will come back

This big time. I think OMac is going to leave if he gets a good grade. And I for one don't blame him. As an undersized RB making it this long in the SEC is an achievement. RBs have a limited shelf life. As long as he can make money I suggest he does it. He can always come back to AU and finish his degree after the NFL.

Went way too far with imposing limits, IMO.  All because a monkey signed 35 freaking players in one year and ended up going 6-18 with one freaking SEC win in two seasons, and now his crazy butt is unemployed. :banghead:

These signing restrictions are going to hurt our program very soon.

Went way too far with imposing limits, IMO.  All because a monkey signed 35 freaking players in one year and ended up going 6-18 with one freaking SEC win in two seasons, and now his crazy butt is unemployed. :banghead:

It was 37 BTW.

It was 37 BTW.

What a freaking Nutt.  :banghead:

They made the changes with the intention of others following the leader... but I worry that all it will do is give the other conferences a chance to catch up to the SEC in talent.

This big time. I think OMac is going to leave if he gets a good grade. And I for one don't blame him. As an undersized RB making it this long in the SEC is an achievement. RBs have a limited shelf life. As long as he can make money I suggest he does it. He can always come back to AU and finish his degree after the NFL.

If OMac goes pro it will be as a free Agent. He is too small and  likes to run out of bounds too much to go very high

I know we were all complaining about Omac running out of bounds during the bowl game (and all season it seemed), anyone think he may have been doing it because he knew he was leaving after this year and did not want to risk injury? Just asking :dunno:

I know we were all complaining about Omac running out of bounds during the bowl game (and all season it seemed), anyone think he may have been doing it because he knew he was leaving after this year and did not want to risk injury? Just asking :dunno:

no

It is plausable the coaches did not want him taking extra hits with only one true RB behind him ... Could be many explanations.

A VW Beetle is not going to run over a Hummer, no matter how much the VW beetle wants to.

Omac is never going to be able to run over a lineman or linebacker. Physics is Physics and no real need to take a hit just to show you are not afraid to take a hit.

Now if he is running out of bounds to keep from being hit by a cornerback or free safety, that is another issue.

Archived