NFL Players Coached

(Round Drafted)

QB Brian Griese (3rd) - Michigan '98 - Denver Broncos

QB Tom Brady (6th) - Michigan '00 - New England Patriots

QB Drew Henson (6th) - Michigan '03 - Houston Texans

QB John Navarre (7th) - Michigan '04 - Arizona Cardinals

QB Chad Henne (2nd) - Michigan '08 - Miami Dolphins

QB Tim Tebow (1st) - Florida '10 - Denver Broncos

I'm pretty excited!!!  I think he is going to be GREAT!!!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:laugh:

Can't please everyone. Not saying dude is Malzahn 2.0... But geeze it's not like he's even really had a chance to showcase his material.

Regardless, if you think CGC made a hire detrimental to AU and did not explore all options.. Well you just haven't been paying attention the last few years.

War Eagle and welcome home Loeffler!

Some of you guys sound like the nay sayers when Coach Chizik was hired. The guy has a great back ground. Tutored under Lloyd Carr and coached for Meyer. Both are  great head coaches and have won multiple NC. I say give the guy a chance. I am just curious what type of offense he runs and what sort of recruiter he is.

Not that have now or ever will have any input on the hiring of Auburn coaches, but I'm not overly impressed.  The only think I can think of is, "I hope he didn't teach Tebow that horrific throwing mechanic."

Tebow's throwing motion has been like that since he started playing the game. NFL teams can't even fix it. I wouldn't put that on Loeffler.

I think a lot of these posts fit in the " do not talk bad about" category. Time for the delete button

The man hasn't even stepped foot on campus yet. I think I will wait on his results before I pass judgement. Some pitiful showing of support by a lot of you

1. Temple literally rushed for twice as many yards as they threw this year.  QB trouble and so forth.  Can't say I like that.

That's because Temple didn't have a true QB on the roster.  They have a bunch of athletes that they throw the QB label on.

Guest jojo1515

JMO which means nothing....Outside of Kerwin Bell, this was, to me, the worst name out there as a possible OC.  I will support CSL 100% but I will expect at best a tie with this past season on offense for the next few years until he shows me something better.  116th in the NCAA in passing....that should be plan Z, not plan B

While I'm excited about the hire, I'll take the wait and see approach.  Gotta give the guy a chance.  I trust Coach Chiz with the hire.  One thing is for sure, Clemson will not know what's coming!

Welcome to the Plains coach!

:we:

I hope all this negative talk does not stick with the players  :banghead:............I think the mods need to get involved and scratch some of these commits :-X....yes I know you can't please everyone but everyone that looks/post on here should welcome our new OVC. :wareagle:  :wedance:  War Eagle and Welcome Coach Loeffler to the Plains............

Loeffler's Owls offense finished seventh in the nation in rush yards per game (256.4), 39th in scoring offense (30.6 points per game), 63rd in yards per game (383.2) and 116th in pass yards per game (126.8), as the team posted a 9-4 record.

Imagine what he will be able to do with the talent we've brought in.  This is a very good hire, some of you that are disappointed need to give the man a chance before you impugn his abilities.

I agree with what a lot of others have said regarding the strange timing. After all this time has passed, I wouldn't have guessed this would be the hire.

I think it's a bit absurd for people to come on a message board and act like Auburn fans aren't being supportive just because they're using this forum to communicate mutual feelings (that are obviously shared by many) concerning this hire that aren't the most positive. Seriously? Most everything I've read has gone something like, "I'm not thrilled with this hire and I don't understand why we waited so long, but I hope it works out and he turns out to be good."

How is that out of line? How is that unsupportive? I'm sure that there's not a single Auburn man or woman on this board that is thinking, "Oh, well to hell with Auburn now that they hired CSL" or "screw the offense, I'm not supporting them!" Come on people!

This just posted.  I like the sound of this!  :tdau:

@HABOTN

HABOTN

One NFL observer says Loeffler is "the most respected passing guru in the country from football nerds."

1 minute ago via TweetDeck

Timing is weird but I like the hire.  Unlike some of the earlier posters, he was one of the prospects that I was most excited about.  Time will tell.

:wedance:

“Scot is a rising star who has worked with some very good quarterbacks, and has achieved a tremendous amount of success,” Chizik said. “He is a tireless worker, is an outstanding recruiter and knows the rigors of competing in this conference.”

Read more here: http://www.wareagleextra.com/#storylink=cpy

We're going to need an outstanding recruiter to work some magic down the stretch! Hope he hits the ground running.

WE WANT A WINNER NOT A LOSER!!  ..... Wait, did I just give away my identity? :-[ you would think we just hired an oc straight from high school. I'm excited to see what he's got in store for us!!

Don't judge this on 'name' value. You all would have hired Turner Gill. Will his offense perform well, and will Auburn win games? Based on what I am reading, I love this. He seems to be able to adjust to his personnel, and those who know him have great respect for his ability. When has Temple ever been relevant in football?

I think this combination is going to be really good. Hopefully he's a lights-out recruiter too because there are some great kids out there who haven't decided yet. Let's see what happens when they get to meet him!

When did we hear the disappointment about a coach being hired before? I think it was our HC. How did that turn out? Oh yeah, a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. I will withhold judgement until the guy is given time to work his plan. Welcome Coach!

I love Auburn and would play for them no matter who the coach was, but kids that have no attachment need something to excite them- THIS AIN'T IT GUYS.

WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW IS A LOT OF THE SR PLAYERS IN HIGH SCHOOL THAT ARE HIGHLY RANKED ALREADY KNOW THIS GUY...ALMOST ALL THE FRESHMAN DO INCLUDING KIEHL...HE CAME TO SPRINGDALE TO VISIT US RECRUITING FOR FLORIDA.

HE WAS A VERY GOOD RECRUITER FOR UF AND AN EXCELLENT COACH.

KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING  ABOUT BEFORE SOUNDING IGNORANT.

THIS IS IT GUYS.

Here's the thing. It sounds like Loeffler was begging to get out of Temple. They were forcing him to run an offense he didn't want, and even though he's this passing guru, his team was 116th in passing mainly because they were without QB's. So when an SEC team comes calling there is no way he wouldn't accept immediately. So. There's no way we didn't miss on our first guy. This simply took too long. Having said that, 116th in passing sounds a lot like 5-19. So Im gonna take the wait and see approach.

Archived