3 Key Components

CameronCrazy

I believe that there are 3 Key Components that make up a great basketball team. You must have a true point guard, a consistent 3 point shooter, and a big man that can score in the post. We struggled in all 3 of these areas this season. But looking forward to next year, I see some guys that could step up and take this team to the next level!

Point Guard - Varez Ward showed flashes of brilliance this year. But the questions remain... Will his suspension issues carry over into next season? Will he be 100% healthy and return to his old form?

3 Point Shooter - Noel Johnson has hit some big shots for us the last 2 games. If he can stay healthy, then I believe that having a 6'7 guy that can knock down the 3's could make us a very dangerous team. I also look for Cedric McAffee to make a big impact behind the arc.

Low Post Scorer - Willie Kiuassi is definitely the answer.. I believe that his putback dunk over the LSU defender was a sign of great things to come!  An offseason in the gym and a year in the SEC under his belt should help him tremendously going into next season.

If we can stay healthy and our incoming recruits have the impact that I believe that they're going to have, then we could definitely have a 20 win team next year! I believe Coach Barbee is the man that we've all been waiting for to put Auburn Basketball back on the map and take this program to the next level.

:we:

We need a scorer who can stop the droughts.  A goto guy.

Archived