Brian Greene Jr.

jwmboom7

Auburn had so much bad luck with injuries this season. I would have liked to have seen this team relatively healthy  and see how good they could have been. Frankie Sullivan wasn't 100% coming off his knee injury, Varez Ward was still handicapped from the injuries from Texas, Noel Johnson's hand injury sidelined him most of the SEC season, sharpshooter Cedric McAfee redshirted because of injury, and Josh Langford was sidelined because of a concussion. I thought Auburn played well despite of all of that and improved tremendously from last season. The games lost was a lot more competitive.

Barbee is excited about his in-coming recruiting class and so am i. Jordan Price is a great shooter and a Rivals 150 prospect. Shaq Johnson is a 4* prospect as well who will bring the athleticism that we haven't seen here since the days of Chris Porter.

Barbee will build a program that will compete with anyone in the SEC but it's gonna take time. We probably won't be Kentucky but no other school in the SEC is. I do expect us to make it to N.I.T and the NCAA regularly and i believe Barbee will get us there.

So are we thinking -- if Ward doesn't return -- that this kid is going to start at the point as a true FR? Guess we don't really have a choice.

Um ever heard of Josh Wallace our starter right now who will be a senior next year.

Um... you trying to make me laugh hysterically? Josh Wallace? Seriously? The guy can't score! Yes, he plays great defense, but the opposing defense only has to guard four players when he's in the game.

I have no problem with him continuing to get a lot of minutes next year because of his D, but if Josh Wallace is our starting PG next year, we're gonna be in a world of hurt. You can't win games with no production from your point guard.

Fun-E...last year, people were saying JW wouldn't see any time this year...with Ward coming in...how did that work out?  You don't have to be a prolific scorer to be an effective PG. The guys around him are supposed to do that. And in case you missed it, that did not happen a lot this year. Hopefully, with the new guys coming in, they will contribute...and maybe, just maybe ...injuries and suspensions won't derail us again.

So are we thinking -- if Ward doesn't return -- that this kid is going to start at the point as a true FR? Guess we don't really have a choice.

Um ever heard of Josh Wallace our starter right now who will be a senior next year.

Um... you trying to make me laugh hysterically? Josh Wallace? Seriously? The guy can't score! Yes, he plays great defense, but the opposing defense only has to guard four players when he's in the game.

I have no problem with him continuing to get a lot of minutes next year because of his D, but if Josh Wallace is our starting PG next year, we're gonna be in a world of hurt. You can't win games with no production from your point guard.

Wallace will more than likely be the starter next year.

If this is the case, I don't want to hear our fans complain when we don't improve in the win column next year. Because it probably won't happen.

Again, I'm not in any way trying to hate on Wallace. I love the effort and the D he plays for us, but putting a guy who presents zero threat to score in the middle of supporting cast that struggles to score in the first place will make it extremely tough next year. It's no secret that this team's biggest problem in the last couple years has been the lack of scoring talent, and Barbee is trying like hell to bring in scorers. Starting Wallace at the point makes us the same lackluster offensive team or perhaps worse.

I'm just hoping 1) Ward works through the issues and is able to return OR 2) this Greene kid is ahead of the curve and can come in and, at worst, share equal minutes with Wallace.

I'd like to see Denson get some reps at PG. He can get pretty much anywhere he wants on the court. He is a great slasher if he could just look to dish a little more he could be a dangerous PG.

IMO the biggest problem we have at guard is the poor foul shooting. 

Opponents foul our guys with impunity when they go to the hoop...don't have to worry about the foul-shooting threat from any of our guards...which is why the guards have so little point production.

Guys like Denson, Wallace, Sullivan and Ward are in position to draw a lot of fouls and they MUST hit at least 75% of them if the team is to keep the opposing defenses honest....and enable AU to win the close games.   

I hope Greene has the ability to step up and be the man that opponents do not want to see on the foul line in a close game. 

Archived