Brian Greene Jr.

jwmboom7

On rivals it said he plays shooting guard in the headline, but I'm not a member so I can't see the whole thing.  I would expect him to play PG for us though, considering we have Jordan Price as our SG for this class.  If this is really the case then CTB is going to have to lose two guys to get to the limit isn't he? 

He is part of the new breed of combo guards. He will probably play the 1 at Auburn but a lot of teams are moving away from the traditional 1's and 2's and using players that can play both roles. Jordan Price and Cedric McAfee are 2 guys that Auburn has signed recently that fit the same mold as Greene Jr.

I think the writing is on the wall that Varez Ward Auburn days could be over with the commitment of Greene. Ward is nowhere near as athletic as this kid.

If our team could have been more healthy this season, they could have easily won 20 games. Sullivan is not 100%, Ward hasn't been healthy either, Allen Payne's season ending knee injury and Josh Langford's concussion. We have been without the services of highly recruited Cedric McAfee all season because of injury and Noel Johnson for most of the season because of injuries and awaiting his eligibility. Barbee built his pre-season schedule around getting Noel Johnson in for crying out loud!

Coach Barbee is gonna turn Auburn basketball fortunes around, and we'll compete at the highest level in this conference. There is no doubt in my mind. Hopefully soon back in the NCAA's.

So are we thinking -- if Ward doesn't return -- that this kid is going to start at the point as a true FR? Guess we don't really have a choice.

Interesting comment from Evan Woodbery of al.com.

"Greene told Auburn Undercover.com, which reported his commitment, that Auburn contacted him only six days ago looking for a guard.

He took an official visit this weekend and then committed to the Tigers.

The speed and timing of his commitment raise questions about the future of Varez Ward, a point guard from Montgomery who has been suspended for an undisclosed violation of team rules for the last three games."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/guard_brian_greene_jr_plans_to.html

So are we thinking -- if Ward doesn't return -- that this kid is going to start at the point as a true FR? Guess we don't really have a choice.

Um ever heard of Josh Wallace our starter right now who will be a senior next year.

I think the writing is on the wall that Varez Ward Auburn days could be over with the commitment of Greene. Ward is nowhere near as athletic as this kid.

If our team could have been more healthy this season, they could have easily won 20 games. Sullivan is not 100%, Ward hasn't been healthy either, Allen Payne's season ending knee injury and Josh Langford's concussion. We have been without the services of highly recruited Cedric McAfee all season because of injury and Noel Johnson for most of the season because of injuries and awaiting his eligibility. Barbee built his pre-season schedule around getting Noel Johnson in for crying out loud!

Coach Barbee is gonna turn Auburn basketball fortunes around, and we'll compete at the highest level in this conference. There is no doubt in my mind. Hopefully soon back in the NCAA's.

Woah... Not sure I agree with that but I do think we were close to being an NIT tourney team. We need some presence down low before we start talking about 20 win season. Koussai looked real good Saturday and if he develops then I think tourney play becomes a real possibility

What is the possibility that vw's suspension along with what has basically been a 2 year nagging injury gets him a medical hardship scholly and not trully "booted" off the team ... Like football?

We still have to lose one more non-senior...

The reason i said that is because Auburn blown more big leads in the 2nd half than any SEC school. Some of it was from fatigue and some of the loses were from poor shooting down the stretch. Auburn has won 15 games so that wouldn't be too far of a reach.

Freshmen can make a diff in college ball....ky has used that approach for several years

Um ever heard of Josh Wallace our starter right now who will be a senior next year.

Um... you trying to make me laugh hysterically? Josh Wallace? Seriously? The guy can't score! Yes, he plays great defense, but the opposing defense only has to guard four players when he's in the game.

I have no problem with him continuing to get a lot of minutes next year because of his D, but if Josh Wallace is our starting PG next year, we're gonna be in a world of hurt. You can't win games with no production from your point guard.

Um... you trying to make me laugh hysterically? Josh Wallace? Seriously? The guy can't score! Yes, he plays great defense, but the opposing defense only has to guard four players when he's in the game.

I have no problem with him continuing to get a lot of minutes next year because of his D, but if Josh Wallace is our starting PG next year, we're gonna be in a world of hurt. You can't win games with no production from your point guard.

Wallace will more than likely be the starter next year.

WE DON'T NEED MORE ATHLETICALLY  PLAYERS.  WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN PUT THE BALL IN THE HOLE

ESPECIALLY IN  THE LAST FIVE MINUTES OF THE GAME.

My point is that in basketball a freshman can come in and make a big difference in a team...and there are freshmen starting all over the NCAA in basketball. Yep, some of them are McDonalds AA but lots of them are 3 and 4* kids that come in a fill an important hole for a team.    We need a shooting guard and would be nice if this young man could come in and immediately solve a big problem for the Tigers.

I don't know if it has been mentioned but Brian Green Jr is a year removed from HS and played all last year at a post grad school so he should be a little further along than your typical HS recruit.

Archived