Spotify suggestions

fjenkins

Hey folks, I figure there's a wide range of musical tastes here and I'd like to tap into it. :)

I'm adding songs to my Spotify playlist and since it's a free service it seems like a good way to expand my musical horizons.  I'll give just about anything a fair shot except hard core rap and most country (Johnny Cash is an exception...he wasn't a country singer, he was an American singer).

The artists in my current rotation:

30 Seconds to Mars

Alice in Chains

Aphex Twin

Beethoven

The Black Keys

Chevelle

Cinderella

Corrosion of Conformity

Fleetwood Mac

Foo Fighters

Frederic Chopin

Guns N Roses

Heart

Hole

Jane's Addiction

Johnny Cash

Marilyn Manson

Mendelssohn

Ministry

Motley Crue

Neil Young

Nine Inch Nails

Nirvana

The Offspring

Pearl Jam

A Perfect Circle

Rise Against

Rush

Sarah McLachlan

Seether

Sick Puppies

Sixx A.M.

Slipknot

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Stone Temple Pilots

Tom Petty

Tori Amos

Violent Femmes

Wagner

Weezer

ZZ Top

You know how hard it is to find any one who listens to COC? Try Flogging Molly. I want to do 3 things when I hear them; drink, fight and sail. These songs are probably the best: Black Friday Rule, Grace of God Go I, Devils Dance Floor, Far Away Boys, Tobacco Island, Factory Girls, to name a few.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Animals as Leaders and Between the Buried and Me.  The new Caliban album is pretty nice as well.

I personally prefer rap music over everything else. If you can find a rapper who actually raps about life and not getting money, girls, and smoking weed, you should probably keep listening to them. It's all just a taste that someone has though.

You know how hard it is to find any one who listens to COC? Try Flogging Molly. I want to do 3 things when I hear them; drink, fight and sail. These songs are probably the best: Black Friday Rule, Grace of God Go I, Devils Dance Floor, Far Away Boys, Tobacco Island, Factory Girls, to name a few.

:thumbsup:

"Tobacco Island" is crazy live. "Devils Dance Floor", too. I love Flogging Molly; they have serious talent, and their live shows are just great!  :hellyeah::happydance:

@WarEagle4Ever

I really want to see them live. I live in Daphne, AL and they are coming to the Hangout Music Fest. But I don't want to pay those crazy prices to stand on the beach with 30,000 other people and get beat up by mr. sun. Decisions, decisions.

Your best bet, and the best place to see them, is at a smaller venue. They still play them regularly. The Tabernacle, I think is the name of it, in Atlanta usually has them for just about every tour.

Have you heard their live album, "Live at the Greek"? Good stuff. It comes as a triple album, two cds and a dvd.

I first saw them at Warped Tour years ago, and it doesn't compare to a small venue.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed Beethoven on your list, you should try anything by Johann Sebastian Bach, particularly the things on this album:

Great Composers - JS Bach

Other than that, throw in some In Flames, Memphis May Fire or Nightwish and you're golden.

Completely skipped over Bach.  Thanks for reminding me of that oversight. :)

Noticed Beethoven on your list, you should try anything by Johann Sebastian Bach, particularly the things on this album:

Other than that, throw in some In Flames, Memphis May Fire or Nightwish and you're golden.

Is this Midnight, aka Warrior? Sounds like one of his old posts.

Is this Midnight, aka Warrior? Sounds like one of his old posts.

Who?

Archived