Wayne Frazier

Slammer1

Auburn lost a great player and Auburn man this past Sunday. Wayne Frazier died of brain cancer . He was a great friend and a great football player.  Wayne played center for us in the lat '50s, early '60s. I am very saddened to hear of his passing. Here is the write-up. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/former_auburn_lineman_wayne_fr.html

The last time I saw Wayne was at a A-Day game in the late '70s. He was sitting underneath the press box with Coach Jordan who had retired and had been  replaced by Doug Barfield. Coach Jordan never got in our conversation as he was signing autographs for every kid in the stadium. This went on for the whole game. Truly a class act. Wayne had to use a cane to walk. He had had numerous knee  operations and could barely get around. Here is to you Wayne, God bless you.

Prayers for his family.  He is reuntied with Shug now and they can watch A-Day together again. 

Thanks for posting slammer. 

Thanks for posting slammer, i remember Wayne very well. He played for the Chiefs in the first what is now called the Super Bowl along with Bobby Hunt and Dave Hill. # Auburn players on the Chiefs for the first Super Bowl against the Packers. I believe Dave and Bobby both came from Lanett High.

Archived