Raleigh, North Carolina

Wakefield

Ht:6'3"

Wt:210 lbs

40:4.8 secs

Bench Max:245

Class:2013 (High School)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Connor-Mitch-127272

If Loefflers offense delivers excitement in 2012, dont be surprised if a lot of big time qb's continue to knock on Auburns door.

Lefty seems to be getting a lot more interest from HS QBs than I expected.  I do recall when he was hired however that someone said that while most AU fans had not heard of him, he was well known among the leading HS QBs in the nation.    Not sure if we get any of these national guys but at least they seem willing to give us a look.

• 1 month later...

3,300 yards, 35 touchdowns--60 % completion--6' 3", 210--Unless he plays in a weak division, I would say this guy is under-offered compared to what I would think his list of offers would look like. Still a long list but kids stats and potential look really good to me.

I'm surprised any recruit would sign with SC because of Spurrier... how many more years does he have before retiring?  Is he telling the kids he's going to be the next Paterno?

I am not Positive, but this kid may be from the same HS at Keith Marshall last year.

I am not Positive, but this kid may be from the same HS at Keith Marshall last year.

Just looked it up. I was wrong. Marshall played at Millbrook. These schools are not far from each other so they may have played each other.

I'm surprised any recruit would sign with SC because of Spurrier... how many more years does he have before retiring?  Is he telling the kids he's going to be the next Paterno?

He is still one of the best coaches in the game and age doesn't seem to be a factor with him. One thing about him that I've always admired is that he's honest, imo.

FYI....USCe just got hammered again by NCAA....what's that, twice in a year?  Not sure how much longer the ole ball coach is going to stay under those conditions.  The USC of the east is not like the USC out west that can recruit 5* players no matter what the NCAA does to them.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember when we have been in on so many elite qb's. CSL seems to attract them and he hasn't even called a real game yet! Good luck to Mitch. I like our chances with some of the names left on our board.

Man, the NCAA's crackdown on cheaters is really starting to work.  Schools like UAT, USCw, USCe, LSU, Ohio State, and Miami are really starting to feel the impact of NCAA sanctions and are seriously regretting their decisions to break the rules.

What's the old NASCAR saying..."if you ain't cheating , you ain't trying".     

Just goes to show that many of these kids are interested in attending schools that show that football is REALLY serious...even more serious than a few archaic NCAA rules interpreted by a bunch of school presidents and suits out in Kansas.  :)

Archived