AU vs LSU Game 2

This team has championship caliber pitching

:wareagle:

And far from championship-caliber hitting and defense. It certainly looks like Pawlowski has upgraded the pitching this year, but we're a long way from talking about championships or much less finishing in the upper half of the SEC. We've got to quit stranding tons of runners, and we've got to play better defense.

But the guys deserve credit for gutting out these last two wins. Heck of a job. It's a long season, but 4-1 is a dang good start! Let's get the sweep tomorrow.

It is good to have some things to work on.  You don't want to peak too early.  :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And far from championship-caliber hitting and defense. It certainly looks like Pawlowski has upgraded the pitching this year, but we're a long way from talking about championships or much less finishing in the upper half of the SEC. We've got to quit stranding tons of runners, and we've got to play better defense.

But the guys deserve credit for gutting out these last two wins. Heck of a job. It's a long season, but 4-1 is a dang good start! Let's get the sweep tomorrow.

Defense is getting there.  We had some game saving double plays today in 9th and 10th. HUGE.   Do need to cut down on errors.

This is true.

I'm just ready for us to return to the upper echelon of SEC baseball like we were in the '90s. We've been mediocre-bad for far too long, and now maybe we're starting to turn the corner a little bit in that aspect. Being that it's Pawlowski's fourth year, I sure hope so.

Defense is getting there.  We had some game saving double plays today in 9th and 10th. HUGE.   Do need to cut down on errors.

This is true.

I'm just ready for us to return to the upper echelon of SEC baseball like we were in the '90s. We've been mediocre-bad for far too long, and now maybe we're starting to turn the corner a little bit in that aspect. Being that it's Pawlowski's fourth year, I sure hope so.

I've always hated small ball, i love the swing away mentality. But there is no denying the results, a run here, a run there, it does work. If we get down to around an error per series, and stop the 8-10+ left on base we will not only be taking series but going sweeping, and we'll be looking from 35-25 to around 45-15, and that'll guarantee a regional here in auburn.

Archived