LSU

Tiger Oak

Just remembering the LSU player that said Auburn was the easiest game he had last year because our defense was falling on the ground and trying to avoid contact. I hope the tape of that game was running in the weight room all winter. I hope Auburn is burning white hot this year. They were laughed at last year and they better have a chip on their shoulder this year. Time to start knocking the hell out of the other guy again. War Eagle!!

LSU has no room to talk about "falling on the ground" considering their performance at the bcs championship game.

LSU has no room to talk about "falling on the ground" considering their performance at the bcs championship game.

At least they made it there. They have more room to talk than 118 teams.

Arguably 119 teams.  :tease:

yeah, good point. I'm just mad at them for not winning.

118..considering 2 teams were in the BCS game. :thumbsup:

118..considering 2 teams were in the BCS game. :thumbsup:

I meant 119 because they beat UAT earlier in Tuscaloosa...

I agree he was just telling the truth, but isn't that worse? I don't want to rub our guys nose in it but they should all remember what happened last year and focus on turning that perception around this year. All teams have to go through a tough season once in a while. Auburn should strive for the days when teams feared our defense and even if they won the game they knew they had been in a tough game.  War Eagle!!

Funny thing ..he did not say a word when our senior laden, more talented, more upperclassmen team ran for over 440 yards on them in 2010. I don't think the guys quit..u had freshman in Gabe Wright, Blackson..sophomores in Whitaker, Carter and Lemonier. An unproven QB in Moseley..a raw o line with 4 new starters...essentially they were roughed up by a team that was more experienced and talented. Just because he says our guys quit and were soft does not mean that. Those guys just got to earn their stripes and grow up, and sometimes you gotta get your arse kicked to get better. I am sure Chizik and staff will give them all the motivation they need.  Strange thing about that game and last year was our defenses inability to stop teams on 3rd down, AU had teams in several 3rd and greater than 5 situations only to breakdown and allow teams to keep drives alive. That takes confidence away from the defense and gives the opposing offense confidence.

Most likely the comment was more about saving face from the beating we gave them the year before. They whined for months because Nick Fairley put their quarterbacks out of the game.

Archived