THE ASYLUM

bigbird

Talking about sentimental old coots, last night we all sat in my sister's floor going through three large tupperware tubs of old photos preparing for a slide show at the Celebration Ceremony on Friday.  We had so many laughs and tears.  It was an amazing experience. 

Now, pineapple cheese bread??  Save me a piece.  Bird, congrats to my little buddy.   

Been wondering about you, hope you guys are doing ok down there. Save you a piece of pineapple cheese bread? :P Uhhhh you're a little bit late for that, but you might still be in luck, I know a lady who makes it really well ;)

The Bham News will lay off workers and now will only publish Wed, Fri and Sunday, combining with Huntsville and Mobile paper. Inevitable but sad. What's next a Pulitzer Prize for online content? :rolleyes:

The Bham News will lay off workers and now will only publish Wed, Fri and Sunday, combining with Huntsville and Mobile paper. Inevitable but sad. What's next a Pulitzer Prize for online content? :rolleyes:

Same for New Orleans Times-Picayune Faces Deep Cuts, Will End Daily Publication. Sign of the times

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/new-orleans-times-picayune-cuts_n_1541991.html

love Poco lead singer had a hate for another lead singer. You will never know who he hated you would have to attend that concert to hear him go on a rant against this guy. Also back when MTV had good videos. Those were the days.

Poco Call it love

Just imagine laying on the beach and listening to this while drinking a nice cold one.......It done get any better then that.

INDIAN SUMMER ~ POCO

Some think this was their best song not me but still a very good song. I'm sure people will not agree but Poco is one of my favorite all time bands. Songs are about memories and how that translates into real life situations and the time it happens in your life. It does not have to have a perfect pick, pitch, harmony, or vocals. Music is from the heart weather it be bluegrass, blues or rap.

Crazy Eyes - Poco

From a poster on you tube...this is what my web site as we called back in the day would discuss and play

Takes me back to 1977 when I was 16, driving home from my girlfriends house at 2 o'clock in the morning. About to fall asleep at the wheel and I would play this 8 track ( one of only 3 I owned) and this song sounded so good flying down those dark country roads and that synth at the end, it puts a smile on my face even now. Funny how you don't appreciate the simple things until they are long gone.

ELP - From the beginning