the dominos

auburndrew

Tenpenny tweeted something along the lines that some Uga commits are looking hard at AU and that they need to get on the AU bus and stay off the Uga bus. idk who he could be talking about.

WTH would an Alabama commit tweet that. I hate UGAY as much as anybody but that just doesn't make sense.

Does seem strange, doesn't it? We are talking about the turd commit, right? Anyone have the exact tweet?

Searched and couldn't find anything mentioning anything of the sort in the last five days. It was either deleted or never said.

Shaq is a 50/50...a real 50/50. He is torn between playing at Georgia and playing with trey and rueben.  If we take 2 RBs or two OGs it may make the decision for him.  If we only sign one at those positions our chances will dramatically increase.

^^^ Subliminal messaging again?  :bow: Gotta LOVE it! Things have really boiled over for recruiting @ Auburn. I am one happy camper to see this during my lifetime. CGC has made some superlative moves since day one. The difference between CGC and all others is we are doing it the right way! The stakes got even higher with the new DC and OC. We have kicked the door in and made ourselves know in " the Big Boy Club"! Welcome to Championship Contending football, EVERY YEAR, AKA Auburn University! War Eagle

Tenpenny tweeted something along the lines that some Uga commits are looking hard at AU and that they need to get on the AU bus and stay off the Uga bus. idk who he could be talking about.

WTH would an Alabama commit tweet that. I hate UGAY as much as anybody but that just doesn't make sense.

Does seem strange, doesn't it? We are talking about the turd commit, right? Anyone have the exact tweet?

Searched and couldn't find anything mentioning anything of the sort in the last five days. It was either deleted or never said.

I actually remember seeing that last night. I think it was on the Tray Matthews account. It seems like some glitch is going on with twitter today with some of the archives. 

First post...War Eagle ppl

I believe this was mis-quoted. Here is a very similar reference that was on Shaq Wiggins twitter page, but def not from Tenpenny.

Brandon L. ‏@lowaryb

@ShaqWiggins21 rise and shine best ‪#cb‬ in country!!! It's ‪#DawgNight‬ .. If some guys want to get on the ‪#au‬ bus, tell em get off the uga bus

Wiggins, Scarbrough and Glass are Class of 2014 recruits. 

I thought Wiggins was 2013

You are correct.  I was thinking of somebody else. 

Do you drive a ford or Chevy? Your picture has me thinking ford.

Nope.  Chevy.   

chevy.gifrockwoot.gif

(I am hoping that RF's commitment really opens the eyes of others and we reap some great benefits.)

:wareagle:

Shaq is a 50/50...a real 50/50. He is torn between playing at Georgia and playing with trey and rueben.  If we take 2 RBs or two OGs it may make the decision for him.  If we only sign one at those positions our chances will dramatically increase.

regarding all of these kids that say they want to play together or have some kind of so called "pact:

i would love to have a talented kid like shaq, but i hope he will go to the college that he prefers for the right reasons.  playing with high school friends in college, IMO, should be well down the list of decision factors.  if all things are very, very close then the "friend factor" is a very legit determiner.  i want these kids to buy in to the ENTIRE TEAM thing without much hesitation.

Even though it looks like Shaq wont be in AU today for Senior Day (he was 170 miles away so its understandable) after he gets home he will be just an hour away. When he visits Auburn (probably anytime next week) I just have this gut feeling that after he hangs out with Reuben, now as an Auburn commit, while taking in the Auburn atmosphere again, it will make all the difference and he will commit.

Lets not forget signing is still 7 months away. Our will earn part of their pay of they can stat on all these commitments and others til they really do sign on that dotted line. updyke and will pull out all their stricks from here on out to get Foster, Matthews and many others.

Lets not forget signing is still 7 months away. Our will earn part of their pay of they can stat on all these commitments and others til they really do sign on that dotted line. updyke and will pull out all their stricks from here on out to get Foster, Matthews and many others.

A4E can you Decipher ^this^ for me? I think you missed a few words, and I didn't want to misinterpret your post.

Not making fun.

What I can't wait for is getting in a setting where Foster, Dee, and Lawson are together with all the other top recruits and they can hang out.  I've seen clips where alot of guys were talking about Dee is the coolest guy to be around and we all know Foster and Lawson's clout especially in UGA....I think some guys who are committed to other schools will be re thinking about us.

Lets not forget signing is still 7 months away. Our (coaches) will earn part of their pay of (if) they can stat (stay) on all these commitments and others til they really do sign on that dotted line. updyke and (dawgs) will pull out all their stricks (tricks) from here on out to get Foster, Matthews and many others.

I think that is what you meant and of course that is true every year. Part of the recruiting process for any Coaching staff is keeping their commits. But, other than a couple of instances where we got a flip to us on NSD that later re-flipped, this staff has a pretty good track record of keeping their commits over the last 4 years.

Lets not forget signing day is still 7 months away. Our (coaches) will earn part of their pay of (if) they can stat (stay) on all these commitments and others til they really do sign on that dotted line. updyke and (dawgs) will pull out all their stricks (tricks) from here on out to get Foster, Matthews and many others.

I think that is what you meant and of course that is true every year. Part of the recruiting process for any Coaching staff is keeping their commits.

You missed a few....that was a fun game.

Lets not forget signing day is still 7 months away. Our (coaches) will earn part of their pay of (if) they can stat (stay) on all these commitments and others til they really do sign on that dotted line. updyke and (dawgs) will pull out all their stricks (tricks) from here on out to get Foster, Matthews and many others.

I think that is what you meant and of course that is true every year. Part of the recruiting process for any Coaching staff is keeping their commits.

LOL, I think he was using "signing" as a verb but it could be your way too. I also see you lined thru his words in question. I intentionally left the original words there so they could be compared, haha.

Recruiting is so fickle.  I am tempering my expectations.  Just comparing how the 2013 class is shaping up to the 2011 and 2012 classes puts things in perspective.  I remember how pumped I was when we switched Brent Calloway back in 2011.  Rumors started flying that we would switch Dee Hart and steal Cyrus K.  I still believe all 3 of those players wanted to go to Auburn, but Saban and Alabama worked their magic to keep that from happening.  Then 2012 rolled around and the TJ Yeldon situation along with Alabama's stellar class really was tough to swallow.

Fortunately things have fallen into place with Reuben.  Trooper has done a tremendous job of staying on him, and we're fortunate he moved to Auburn and saw what a great place this would be for him and his family.  And let me first say Reuben is 100 times more solid than Calloway ever was.  But when we pull in huge recruits like Reuben the tendency of fans (me included) is to think we're gonna get everybody.  All recruits belong to us!!  And on the other side of the coin, when we lose TJ Yeldon, "the sky is falling" "We just can't compete with the money they're throwing around over there."

All that to say, I really hope Reuben's commitment starts a string of great momentum for us, but right now I am just happy we have him.  (Along with a studly defensive class).  I really hope Reuben can push M Adams over the top.  I'm just not sure Foster and Wiggins will jump on board.  Things are never as good as they seem; things are never as bad as they seem.  War Eagle. Welcome to the family, Reuben.

Lets not forget signing day is still 7 months away. Our coaches will earn part of their pay of (if) they can stat (stay) on all of these commitments, and others, until they really do sign on that dotted line. u(U)pdyke U and the dawgs will pull out all their stricks (tricks) from here on out to get Foster, Matthews, and many others.

that should do it  :P

Nope.  Chevy.   

chevy.gifrockwoot.gif

(I am hoping that RF's commitment really opens the eyes of others and we reap some great benefits.)

All I know is that I can always count on my Ford to "bail me out" of a sticky situation, instead of the other way 'round...

Nope.  Chevy.   

chevy.gifrockwoot.gif

All I know is that I can always count on my Ford to "bail me out" of a sticky situation, instead of the other way 'round...

Ouch.  :laugh:

Lets not forget signing day is still 7 months away. Our coaches will earn part of their pay of (if) they can stat (stay) on all of these commitments, and others, until they really do sign on that dotted line. u(U)pdyke U and the dawgs will pull out all their stricks (tricks) from here on out to get Foster, Matthews, and many others.

that should do it  :P

:laugh:

The problem I have with these "package deals" is that we all know not everyone that is touted as an elite recruit make it onto the playing field.  What happens if a "package" of 4 players commit to a school, but one or two of them don't quite cut it against the competition they are up against, and fall down the depth chart.  They start complaining, and the potential for a divided locker room grows.  Kids should choose college for themselves, not because their friends are going there.  Unfortunately, a lot of these kids do not have anyone guiding them in this direction, to think of the big picture.  They are being led around by the assumption that they will kick ass in college football, go on to the NFL, and make millions of dollars.  That is not the reality for the majority of players.  This is why education is just as important as football, although no where near as exciting!

Archived