Recruiting about to

Shug2003

I'm told that Auburn puts a lot of emphasis on the Georgia game each year it's played at home with regard to recruiting. The atmosphere and hype is always impressive for top recruits both in and out of state. If a win over Bammer follows, it's even more impressive. Historically, the better players wait to commit until they take all their visits since many of the prospects have never been on an airplane, much less had the red carpet treatment and expensive food.

What are you guys thoughts about the next three months?dd :rolleyes:;):au:

With the Evil Genius Steve Superior possibly back at UF, I wonder how recruiting will be affected also.?

Remember after he left we were able to get a couple of his recruits like Cox and Aromashadu. (Aromashadu originally committed to NCST i know but was strong UF lean till SS left)

Are the ones who were looking at UF and AU still going to look at AU?

the UGA game will definately make it interesting.

If the Gators go bowling, then Spurrier won't be able to recruit until January, and that is a pretty late start. For the players who were already leaning toward Florida, they're decision would be easy. But, there are a lot of other good teams that recruit the state of Florida (Auburn, FSU, Miami, Georgia, LSU) and I think being in contention for a national championship is a bigger selling point than the visor.

I have my doubts that Spurrier will return as long as Foley is AD. A more likely scenario is that Foley goes, then Spurrier signs on. I think he could still end up at Texas. Other than his arrogance, Spurrier has never been predictable.

I'm not as convinced as everybody else that CSS is coming back......... Why should he when he has all the money he needs and a new job would affect his settlement with the Redskins. Also, his wife might have something to say about all that.

Archived