Eric Smith had a major impact in 2010.

aushrink

I hope he tries to make an NFL team's roster.

What are the chances of that coming to fruition?  If he wanted to go that route he should have tried this year.

He didn't play in '11 - he won't play in '12.  The last time he played was 2010 - by the time the 2013 draft rolls around he will have been off the field and out of training/conditioning for 3 years.  Good thing he was able to complete his degree, because a future in the NFL doesn't look very likely.

Eric Smith had a major impact in 2010

captainobvious.jpg

Not sure if you are kidding or not.

That is the point of this thread. I like to think I am a knowledgable football fan. But going back to 2010, i just was so focused on Cam and the tailbacks, i did not see his impact at the time.

I find it strange because i saw how valuable our FB has been in the past. I remember huge contributions by Brandon Johnson, Heath Evans, Reid Mcmillion, Tony Richardson, etc.

He was just an unnoticed player to me.

I wanted to start this thread to see if others "missed" on him too and to thank him for his hard work for Auburn football.

I was watching the 2010 games (must be football withdrawl) and I never noticed ( at the time) how big of an impact that Eric Smith made in our offensive attack. He made block after block in both the passing and the running game.

No wonder there was such a drop off in 2011. It was not just the absence of Cam and the senior OL.

Smith was a difference maker on offense.

I hope Prosch can do the same.

Without question ES was a huge part of our O. I think a lot of people overlooked him because Cam and MD were making the big plays. Prosch will fill that roll fine. I can't wait to watch him truck people.

Don't take this the wrong way, but E.S. was not as big a deal on that O as all that.....Cam Newton, Mike Dyer, Lutz, A solid veteran O-line, O-mac, etc. Lots of upperclassmen in 2010, good recievers etc.....Smith was a part, but not THAT big a part.

Again , don't take it the wrong way. He was a decent blocker but that was about it. His nasty atttitude wasn't just on the field, hence the reason he was shown the door.

If im not mistaken Eric Smith was one of the 4 auburn players that were arrested prior to last season.  In February if my memory serves me correct.  He was dismissed from the team not to long there after.  Im tired of having trouble makers on the team.  Yes he was great in the back field.  I just dont understand why these young boys cant stay out of trouble for 3 years.  IF your good thats all you need.  Then you will be on your way to the next level.  :wareagle:

He wan't one of the four, but Eric had problems off the field his entire time at AU. I hope he has gotten all that straight , and from what everyone is saying , he has. That is awesome ...And E.S. was a physical player and I loved his style of play. But come on.....The 2010 team didn't ride on his shoulders. There were so many more talented players on that squad just on offense that it's not even funny.

Eric was a great player. He just didn't know how to manage his aggressive nature. It was great on the football field but not so great when out in public...  

Archived