What happened to the First Amendment?

AU64

Boy things are rough everywhere. Notice that ND has suspeneded their RADIO ANNOUNCER for three games.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/09/04/allen-pinkett-notre-dame.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

Any chance we can get Scarb suspended for a few weeks?

That was a very small sample of what he said. This is the full quote:

“I’ve always felt like, to have a successful team, you gotta have a few bad citizens on the team,” Pinkett told the show. “I mean, that’s how Ohio State used to win all the time. They would have two or three guys that were criminals. That just adds to the chemistry of the team. I think Notre Dame is growing because maybe they have some guys that are doing something worthy of a suspension, which creates edge on the football team. You can’t have a football team full of choir boys. You get your butt kicked if you have a team full of choir boys. You gotta have a little bit of edge, but the coach has to be the dictator and ultimate ruler.”

Stupid thing to say about the school that you cover in sports.

First Admendment means you can't get put in jail for your words. But you can still be fired for your words.

First Admendment means you can't get put in jail for your words. But you can still be fired for your words.

No. The First Amendment protects citizens from the government restricting their speech. It doesn't prevent an employer from disciplining or firing an employee for stupid comments -- and his comments were way off base not only for ND but for what he said about Ohio State. I'd have fired him.

Sorry I don't think what he said was that bad. Show me a National Champ. winner that was all choir boys? It does help to have some guys that are on edge. Obviously if they step over the edge you send them packing, but as long as they stay in bounds it is good for the team to have some mean ones.

Sorry I don't think what he said was that bad. Show me a National Champ. winner that was all choir boys?

1984 BYU?

Had multiple wives

Archived