Let us hold out on saying the D turned the corner.

Chaotic_zx

As the title says. Let us please hold off on saying the D turned the corner. Lord knows, I've been hard on them. They deserve all the credit in the world for the effort they put up against LSU and my hat is tipped towards them.

The only thing I'm saying is that during Chizik's tenure the D hasn't been great. One game of valiant effort(while needing all praise possible) needs to become a trend to turn the corner.

The announcers were saying all game that the pass was open. LSU wanted to prove they could pound it and they couldn't.

As the title says. Let us please hold off on saying the D turned the corner. Lord knows, I've been hard on them. They deserve all the credit in the world for the effort they put up against LSU and my hat is tipped towards them.

The only thing I'm saying is that during Chizik's tenure the D hasn't been great. One game of valiant effort(while needing all praise possible) needs to become a trend to turn the corner.

The announcers were saying all game that the pass was open. LSU wanted to prove they could pound it and they couldn't.

Not trying to argue a very valid point but most of the time a wide receiver is usually open somewhere. I do agree with everything else. I just saw improvement and that made me smile!!!

Have they turned the corner I don't know I hope so but only time will tell.

I do know they played one heck of a game tonight and having confidence from this

game can make a world of difference in the future.

Not trying to argue a very valid point but most of the time a wide receiver is usually open somewhere. I do agree with everything else. I just saw improvement and that made me smile!!!

Agreed. I also saw progress. My line of thinking is hoping that was the AU defense standing strong and not just Mettenberger missing open WRs. In any case, I am thrilled with their play tonight and hope it continues. Auburn wouldn't have been close otherwise(see last year). If they stand strong against Ark then I will see that they are turning the corner.

To turn the corner it has to become the norm not the exception. I that we agree. as far as the pass being wide open, I just don't see that as the case. Our defensive backs broke up plenty of passes our line(all four) got penetration and played the whole game in their back field. Or linebackers flew to the ball. This was a solid game by the defense. I don't think it's fair to assume that Lsu just stuck with the run. When he tried the pass he was put on the ground or had to alter his throw of it was broken up. To me it looked like they had to divert extra blockers, backs and tight ends trying to deal with the rush. We had a good defense tonight. If they keep doing this they will turn the corner. On defense for much of the night we dictated what they did. That's what good defenses look like. Or defense has been reactionary for too long. In today's game you have to take things away from the teams offense and force them to do things a certain way. For the first time since nick left campus our tackles we a real factor. The pass break ups were beautiful.

Did we turn the corner? We can't say that until we have more data, from the future. I will say tonight's defensive performance was fantastic, especially considering weeks 1-3. I'm more proud of tonight's loss than any of our wins this season or last. Sure, it stings losing, especially with the shot to win at the end. This performance was exactly what our boys needed in order to turn the corner. I think this is a sign of improvement on defense, and that things are going to get better. The defense kept us in a position to beat a top 5 team for the entire game, and a powerful offense limited to 12 points. I'm thrilled with their performance tonight, and even happy to see some improvement on offense, even if that growth is much slower.

The question is does this same defense show up for the rest of they year or do they revert to the defense that played against Moo State. I will say this... If we had been playing this good on defense all year, we would be 3-1 instead of 1-3.

From what I witnessed in the d side of the ball is this is CBVG style of football. Not perfect but improved. How will we play against teams with better QB play? Only time will tell but it was fun to watch last

night and I haven't said that much lately. War Eagle!

Archived