Jovon Robinson

marshallcotiger

On yesterday's radio show, Brian Matthews said that Robinson and Williams are headed to prep school and will be back in school at Auburn in January if they pass their course work. Hutcherson is headed to jr. college in Mississippi and it will take him two years to get back.

Matthews named the schools but I don't remember exactly which ones they are.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prep school just means he didn't graduate high school and is finishing his courses to get enough credits to graduate, right?

Juco means he graduated HS, but did not have the required GPA/ACT score to enroll in college/pass the NCAA clearinghouse, right?

I guess I am still confused about what went on with this kid and the guidance counselor's decision to change his grades. One poster on another thread suggested that the counselor basically just liked the kid and wanted to make sure he got into AU. Why would a guidance counselor jeopordize their job and maybe even their career just to help out one student, even if he was a good kid--and I don't doubt JR is a good kid. Were there other students that this person helped out by changing their grades to make sure they got into college or got a good job? Who knows....

His grade wasn't changed to help him get into AU, it was to help him be eligible for his sophomore year in HS. Nothing to do with his college eligibility at the time the change occurred.

PROLLY NEEDS TO GO WHERE HE CAN GET ON SCHOLLY??

Not sure he's going to be able to get a scholarship for a year at a prep school... I doubt he'll be able to play, as a lot of their seasons have already started. I could be wrong.

I guess I am still confused about what went on with this kid and the guidance counselor's decision to change his grades. One poster on another thread suggested that the counselor basically just liked the kid and wanted to make sure he got into AU. Why would a guidance counselor jeopordize their job and maybe even their career just to help out one student, even if he was a good kid--and I don't doubt JR is a good kid. Were there other students that this person helped out by changing their grades to make sure they got into college or got a good job? Who knows....

His grade wasn't changed to help him get into AU, it was to help him be eligible for his sophomore year in HS. Nothing to do with his college eligibility at the time the change occurred.

OK. Thanks for correcting me on that. It's a bit of a relief that it was done for that instead of entrance into any college.

On yesterday's radio show, Brian Matthews said that Robinson and Williams are headed to prep school and will be back in school at Auburn in January if they pass their course work. Hutcherson is headed to jr. college in Mississippi and it will take him two years to get back.

Incorrect on the J-Rob part. Just listened to the Sportscall replay and BMatt said a school for J-Rob has not been chosen yet and that he would likely need a full year at a prep school. JaQuay is going to Fort Union.

Incorrect on the J-Rob part. Just listened to the Sportscall replay and BMatt said a school for J-Rob has not been chosen yet and that he would likely need a full year at a prep school. JaQuay is going to Fort Union.

Not to nitpick - but it's Fork Union. Military Prep school in VA. Should be more than able to get him back into shape and ready to roll!

Not to nitpick - but it's Fork Union. Military Prep school in VA. Should be more than able to get him back into shape and ready to roll!

Ok. was just copying from BMatt. Guess he mistyped it.

I wouldn't have known except I'm from the area so know the school from high school competitions. What do you think the odds are that Hutcherson gets back to us?

I wouldn't have known except I'm from the area so know the school from high school competitions. What do you think the odds are that Hutcherson gets back to us?

Slim because we will likely be deep at TE by then and we do not typically take jucos unless there is a huge need to fill.

Slim because we will likely be deep at TE by then and we do not typically take jucos unless there is a huge need to fill.

Good to know. Hopefully we do get JQW and JR back. I liked what I was seeing there.

Good to know. Hopefully we do get JQW and JR back. I liked what I was seeing there.

E, I know we may not NEED him but Hutch was ALL AU! I really hope he gets to come back. He helped recruit and is just an incredible kid from nearby, Dadeville. Either way I reall hope he makes it back to Div I team.

Well, I was installing a new clothes drier and drinking Maker's Mark with ginger ale while listening to the show. Knowing of no reason that you'd lie about it, I'll defer to your hearing.

Well, I was installing a new clothes drier and drinking Maker's Mark with ginger ale while listening to the show. Knowing of no reason that you'd lie about it, I'll defer to your hearing.

I never said you lied. You just mislistened or were preoccuppied with work. It's all good.

• 1 month later...

Is there any fact that the teacher change the grade? whose to say he or she was not put up to say this ! we sure could use him right now

Nothing surprises me anymore... not with Koundijo's school receiving anonymous donations and calloway disappearing

That the grade was changed is a fact. Who changed it has been established. Why they did that may never be known. Maybe we could use Robinson right now, maybe not. He could also be running fifth string, we never saw him play.

That the grade was changed is a fact. Who changed it has been established. Why they did that may never be known. Maybe we could use Robinson right now, maybe not. He could also be running fifth string, we never saw him play.

He likely would have gotten some of Tre's inside carries. He would have been the most physical back on the roster.

How does Josh Chapman get away with it, but Jovon doesn't????????????

Who know but it's not worth getting all stressed out about.

How does Josh Chapman get away with it, but Jovon doesn't????????????

his school was implicit in helping him and told the NCAA that it was their fault where the Memphis school did not.

Archived