Jovon Robinson

marshallcotiger

That the grade was changed is a fact. Who changed it has been established. Why they did that may never be known. Maybe we could use Robinson right now, maybe not. He could also be running fifth string, we never saw him play.

He likely would have gotten some of Tre's inside carries. He would have been the most physical back on the roster.

You have no idea how many, if any carries he would be getting. You have no idea if he's as tough, physically, as the other backs on the roster. Neither do I and for that matter, neither do our coaches.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[

You have no idea how many, if any carries he would be getting. You have no idea if he's as tough, physically, as the other backs on the roster. Neither do I and for that matter, neither do our coaches.

That was why Ellitor included the word "likely" which is very true. From what I have heard, Robinson was in line to get a decent bit of carries inside this year

[

That was why Ellitor included the word "likely" which is very true. From what I have heard, Robinson was in line to get a decent bit of carries inside this year

Robinson would have seen action -- Blakely benefited though he hasn't seen many carries since the ULM game. Our depth at RB was definitely hurt by this, but I am optimistic about Tre and Blakely going forward.

That the grade was changed is a fact. Who changed it has been established. Why they did that may never be known. Maybe we could use Robinson right now, maybe not. He could also be running fifth string, we never saw him play.

He likely would have gotten some of Tre's inside carries. He would have been the most physical back on the roster.

Actually from my friends at the practices he was definitely going to get carries

Actually from my friends at the practices he was definitely going to get carries

Yes. My post on this came from people who go to practices as well.

Actually from my friends at the practices he was definitely going to get carries...

.............................................................................................................

Yep...he might have gotten a few carries but not enough to change the season's results. In fact, none of the RBs are getting enough carries to get into the rythm of a game.

Actually from my friends at the practices he was definitely going to get carries...

.............................................................................................................

Yep...he might have gotten a few carries but not enough to change the season's results. In fact, none of the RBs are getting enough carries to get into the rythm of a game.

That was not the point of our rebuttals to Mikey.

Damn! How many people here attend those closed practices? The sidelines must be jammed with observers that aren't supposed to be there. I'm sure the beat writers that are asked to leave after a few minutes are jealous.

At the risk of repeating myself, not me or anybody else knows if Robinson would have played, redshirted or whatever. It hasn't been all that long since "informed observers" were saying that Blakeley was going to be a BEAST and Frost was going to start at LB. Other than wishful thinking, there's no indication that Robinson would have worked out any better than those two notables.

Damn! How many people here attend those closed practices? The sidelines must be jammed with observers that aren't supposed to be there. I'm sure the beat writers that are asked to leave after a few minutes are jealous.

At the risk of repeating myself, not me or anybody else knows if Robinson would have played, redshirted or whatever. It hasn't been all that long since "informed observers" were saying that Blakeley was going to be a BEAST and Frost was going to start at LB. Other than wishful thinking, there's no indication that Robinson would have worked out any better than those two notables.

Why do post so much?

right on mikey. thats the cold hard truth. you could named alot more that were going to be beast's that havn't done much. I don't look for robinson to return. I think it depends on how we close out this class at rb. he will look else where if we get green

Well If someone takes alot of reps in a certain package then they are most likely going to see playing time. Just that simple. This isnt a complicated thing. A player practices and does well in practice-earns playing time. Jovon was doing both. Feel free to check my post history and I made it clear why Frost isnt getting any pt. As for the number of people at practices you probably aren't far from the truth.

Do you think that it is impossible for people on this board to know people in the AD? Coaches, players, administrators, the people that are there at practices or know what is going on with the team?

You are absolutely right that we don't know for absolute certain if Jovon was going to play or redshirt. With that being said, multiple different sources who were there at practices have said that Jovon was going to see a number of carries this fall (maybe not 15-20/game like Gurley but his fair share)

So just like I won't know for absolute certain RIGHT NOW that I am going to drink a cup of coffee this morning, the fact that I have a pot brewing and I plan on drinking one makes it highly likely. Unless something drastic happens, it is highly likely I will drink this cup of coffee. Just like it was highly likely but not absolutely certain that Jovon was going to see his share of carries

In regards to Blakely, his off the field issues have been surfacing all year. Also, you really want to talk about the guy who is averaging 5+ yards/carry as not living up to hype as a redshirt freshman because he is splitting time with another 5+yds/carry player and a senior in OMAC? Man you seriously need to think about what you post

In regards to Blakely, his off the field issues have been surfacing all year.

What off field issues? I haven't heard anything.

JMO but Mikey is closer to right than most of the rebuttals. Whether he played or not, the end result at this point in the season would be unchanged....so he would just be another RB using up a year of eligibility with not too much to show for it.

If playing 8-10 plays per game over a season made much difference, then we would be seeing a different KF on the field this season. As it is, I sure hope we get Jovon back and I hope he has a full four years of eligibility when he comes back.

I dont get it....a 15 page debate on whether a kid who isn't on the team would be playing or not? Things must be really bad for the home team..the bottom line is simple JR is not on the team. We'll never know if he would've gotten much PT or not..its a classic moot point because its simply an arguable debate that cannot be substantially proven because he's not even on the team.

Well Tiger,.... it was a bye week....and what else was there to talk about? Arky sure didn't show much and who wants to debate a bunch of bammers?

If this one bored you, then maybe it's time to start another thread dreaming about how much better it would be if Tubs were back or perhaps discuss whether Bray was sufficiently punished for a violation....or maybe starting a poll on which AU player will be the first one to be suspended for jay-walking across College Street.

Once again Mikey, I for one apologize for having information/opinions different from yours. You are always right I guess. Could you give me the Mega-Million #'s for this week? Kidding. But honestly man, I simply told you what TWO seperate people told me. They attend practices. I have alway's qualified my posts as such.

Well Tiger,.... it was a bye week....and what else was there to talk about? Arky sure didn't show much and who wants to debate a bunch of bammers?

If this one bored you, then maybe it's time to start another thread dreaming about how much better it would be if Tubs were back or perhaps discuss whether Bray was sufficiently punished for a violation....or maybe starting a poll on which AU player will be the first one to be suspended for jay-walking across College Street.

64 good ideas. You nailed it bored, and don't want to talk about Pork and have all the BamRZ I need here in DHam.

What I really was looking for was the sweet reassurance that we still luved each other

and he would come back to us in 2 years, a fire breathing man child kind of a running back who only wanted to be an AU Tiger.

Other threads to ressurect ? I can't get enough, " how long before Malzahn leaves" and " Yeldon " threads.

Better yet, what would Wade C. think about it ? WD

64 good ideas. You nailed it bored, and don't want to talk about Pork and have all the BamRZ I need here in DHam.

What I really was looking for was the sweet reassurance that we still luved each other

and he would come back to us in 2 years, a fire breathing man child kind of a running back who only wanted to be an AU Tiger.

Other threads to ressurect ? I can't get enough, " how long before Malzahn leaves" and " Yeldon " threads.

Don't forget Lache Seastrunk!!! :gofig:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Don't forget Lache Seastrunk!! :gofig:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:bow: :bow:

Archived