WarEagleExtra gone pay?

Mikey

Help me out here, maybe it's just me not understanding some 'puter thing, but starting yesterday, after a minute or two of reading the Columbus Ledger-Inquirer's WarEagleExtra blog page, a dark gray covers the screen leaving only a small X to click on. When you click that you are taken to a page that, among other things, gives you the opportunity to "join". Follow the join process long enough and they want a credit card number. The same thing happens when just trying to read an article about Auburn that's not part of the blog.

I emailed Brenner about this but so far haven't received a response.

That paper is, in my opinion, doing the best job of covering Auburn and they are not part of Al.com, which is a big plus for them. However, they aren't worth the aggravation of having another bill to pay.

Thoughts, suggestions or solutions? TIA

FWIW, I did not have that problem. I have a feeling it is related to the embedded video/chat thing they are doing. If you are running FireFox, go get a flashblock addon and try again, it may help.

Loading the flashblock addon didn't make any difference. I hope this is just something temporary that's related to the chat. If anybody else cares to chip in their opinions, please feel free to do so!

Ok, it's a FireFox issue, I guess. Accessed the site via IE and no problem at all. Thanks for the tips, everybody.

I use Chrome at home. No problems. I use IE at work. No problems.

I have seen the black screen you're talking about though Mikey. No idea how to fix it though.

Archived