Mike Blakey = Mario fannin

Plaric

Why every time Tre Mason gets a rhythm going I see him running to the sideline why not go with the hot hand???

Honestly, he is the most complete runner on the team

Bad shouldets just like Fannin but he's the best we got

Honestly, he is the most complete runner on the team

Bad shouldets just like Fannin but he's the best we got

Mason gets yards and doesn't fumble like Blakey . They need to feed him.

At this point in his Blakely's career that's an insult to Fannin. Mario may have ended his tenure as our starting RB because of some fumble problems but he also had one hell of a career and ended his senior season as one of the best blocking backs I've ever seen. See: Lutz's touchdown at UAT in 2010.

Mason is our best runningback. Our TD was setup by a big play by him. We desperately need Robinson to get back and Wilkins on campus. Hopefully we can get Green as well. We need some size inside for sure

Mason is our best runningback. Our TD was setup by a big play by him. We desperately need Robinson to get back and Wilkins on campus. Hopefully we can get Green as well. We need some size inside for sure

Mason asks to come out. I don't know why, but every two carries he is tapping his helmet. I have been wanting to see more of Blakely. I think he is our biggest long threat, except for OMAC. I see now why we haven't been seeing more of Blakely. He has fumble issues and that will kill you. There is no place on the field for a guy who you can't count on to hold on to the ball.

yep he dropped the rock... I say let the boy run. put the rock in his belly and let him run.

You ever dropped the ball? The only thing ya wanna do.... The only thing is gimme another shot.

aint nobody on the field that wants to fix it more then him. its alot better then letting the QB do anything.

One thing that is directly related to the fumbling (and our lack of good coaching) that a Eddie Gran running back used to rarely do is hold the ball in the wrong freakin' arm. If Luper can't coach that, he's damn near worthless.

Mccalebb has been here for 4 years and he has yet to figure out that he can run the ball in his left arm.

OMac to me is like a home run hitter in baseball who leads the league in strikeouts. It is either feast or famine. He is not an every down back but he can sure light it up when he gets a crease.

Mason asks to come out. I don't know why, but every two carries he is tapping his helmet. I have been wanting to see more of Blakely. I think he is our biggest long threat, except for OMAC. I see now why we haven't been seeing more of Blakely. He has fumble issues and that will kill you. There is no place on the field for a guy who you can't count on to hold on to the ball.

Bingo...I noticed this a few games ago. I am a big fan of T. Mason and think he can get it done but this speaks to a larger question IMO. Why in the hell is coach Luper letting him come off the field? The coddling of these guys is really tiresome. I want a workhorse of a back that you have to drag off the field and I continuously see Mason tapping his helmet after 2 plays usually and I just don't like what it says about the toughness of our coaching or mentality of the player. This drives me crazy as you can tell but how in the heck can a kid like this not have more stamina? I'll answer that myself, he likely does but our coaches allow this and do not expect more.

Archived