I'm not worried anymore....

Plaric

I thought this year was trash. I wasn't happy with a lot of the stresses in my life and the way football season was going.

Then I found out this morning that I'm going to be a dad.

It puts things in perspective. Chizik will do what is necessary to right the ship, and if he can't Auburn will find one that can. Until then, just smile and enjoy life.

congrates, but CGC is not the right man. Never was and never should have been hired. Sorry, but AU got it wrong. Glad we won NC, but doesn't make the hire right.

congrates, but CGC is not the right man. Never was and never should have been hired. Sorry, but AU got it wrong. Glad we won NC, but doesn't make the hire right.

Well, if he isn't the right man...then the boosters and alumni will find the right man. Either way the sentiment stays the same.

Congrats and I am glad we have that BCS Title regardless of what happens down the road. Support the program until then and after. The rest will take care of itself.

Congrats MP!! I got to roll Toomer's Corner with my son after the NC win! I was at every home game that year and was in my seat at least 35 mins after every one. My daughter was born before the 2011 season and I happily missed every game to spend my Saturdays watching her grow. This season my one year old went to her first AU experience for A-Day and my son and I went to the LA-MO game. Those were my only times seeing my Tigers in live action. I support them always even in this difficult season but Chiz has to take care of his priorities and so do I. Nothing takes the place of being a great dad! Enjoy the process!!

I thought this year was trash. I wasn't happy with a lot of the stresses in my life and the way football season was going.

It puts things in perspective. Chizik will do what is necessary to right the ship, and if he can't Auburn will find one that can. Until then, just smile and enjoy life.

Congrats man/ Glad you got things in perspective man. Although Auburn football is fantastic, at the end of the day its just football.

Congrats on being a dad! I became a first time dad during the third quarter of the La. Monroe game! Let me say that it is AWESOME! Wouldn't change it for anything! And you're right, either Chizik will right the ship, or we will find someone who will. I think that we need a FULL HOUSE cleaning at AU. Sadly, I have to include Pat Dye in that statement. He is and always will be an Auburn man and a legend at Auburn University. He SHOULD NOT however have one bit of say so as to who we do/ don't keep/hire. Just my two cents. And again... CONGRATS!

Congrats!!

Chizik is the right man IMO. His OC is the wrong man. There is not collective rhythm in his offense, and I do not think he was prepared for this game. I mean did be not watch film and see how other teams shredded Arky up with quick throws and running right up the gut on them. With that sa

Chizik is the right man IMO. His OC is the wrong man. There is no collective rhythm in his offense, and I do not think he was prepared for this game. I mean did he not watch film and see how other teams shredded Arky up with quick throws and running right up the gut on them. With that said congrats on becoming a dad, and you are dead on with your post.

Good luck explaining this dumpster fire of a season to your forthcoming child. I've tried with my two. There's a lot of stammering and head scratching that usually ends with me breaking down in tears. :sad2:

Congratulations! That's definitely the right attitude.

As much as I bleed orange and blue, my kids come first. This year my kids have cheerleading and football spread out during the day on Saturday. One game is always at noon, the other game is between 2 - 5. As a result, I'm not seeing a lot of our games this year (not necessarily a bad thing, my liver appreciates it) and won't be able to attend one until November. Last year wasn't as bad since we had a lot of night games. I miss seeing all the games either in person or on tv, but I wouldn't trade my time with my kids for anything.

Well congratulations!!! Heading into the biggest game of your life, mine are teenagers! Much more joy than sarrow and fun beyond compare. :party: :party: :party:

Congrats Mike! My little girl turns 1 on Thursday. I can assure you of one thing: you're going to be busier and more pre-occupied next fall than ever before! I've seen every game this year, but I have yet to watch a single game live. Playing with Maybelle is way more fun than watching Auburn (and I love watching Auburn).

Both children in college. One is a senior and one is a freshman. Not near the stress that I was under when both were in high school playing sports. I was really looking forward to a successful season down at Auburn. But what the hey! I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I was at Auburn during the Barfield years. I graduated the year Pat Dye was hired.

Putting things in perspective is right. Congratulations Mike! I've got two boys (11 and 8) and they are the best thing I've done so far.

Congrats!!!

I remember watching the 3-2 MS ST. game in the hospital when my youngest was born a few years ago.

Now she is 4, she told me in the game Saturday that they just need to run the ball and get a touchdown!!

Congrats are in order!

First of all, I have been an Auburn fan my entire life. I've seen good and bad seasons, so im not "worried" or anything. I don't play for the team and I don't work for the university. I do know that Auburn isn't going to put themselves in a position to play for the SEC if they can't beat Arkansas, LSU, Georgia, and Alabama more often than they lose to them. As soon as that trend started under Tubberville, they booted him out of town.

Chizik is OBVIOUSLY not the man that can get that done consistently. 1 season with Cam Newton, great receivers in Darvin Adams and Terrell Zachary, Mike Dyer, and that nasty O-line (on top of the Emory Blakes, Lutzie's, and O-Mac's that still play) is not enough.

I think 2010 proves that all of the stars in the universe aligned perfectly for Auburn for 1 season... then everyone graduated.

If he's here past 2013, I will be seriously surprised. I think they should fire him after the Bama game, which we will undoubtedly get stomped pretty hard.

Archived