Change in strategy on this board

casatiger

Jeremy Foley at Fl would be my dream pick. It will never happen, but he's the one I'd want.

That's why we need to look into his AAD. We also need to look into the AAD at Stanford. The top two athletic programs in the nation IMO. We need to get away from the AD being someone from the Auburn good old boy network. Bring in a professional AD and let him do his job.

More than likely we end up with someone that has strong ties to AU. Just the way the South works. If that is the case - who are the names to watch?

Vandy does not have an Athletic Dept., but someone has the equivalent responsibility.

Jeremy Foley is the model for what we need.

Model but not the one .

Auburn U. not this board the boosters fans alums but the University BOT and Prez., have to

have the courage and vision to do something different, and bringing in a professional AD would be different

from the clown car act we have.

But we can bitch, cajole write e-mails til the second coming, until, the University decides to do something,

well, I look forward to all of y'all's next posts and will suffer with you.

WDE

More than likely we end up with someone that has strong ties to AU. Just the way the South works. If that is the case - who are the names to watch?

It's true, the "Good Ole' Boy" system is pervasive in this region, but Ole Miss was able to go and hire a talented, young A.D. in Ross Bjork last year. Bjork came from Westgern Kentucky, and had no previous ties to Ole Miss. Granted, this is his first year, but my point is that the fan base and alumni all pushed for a)r the firing of Pete Boone, and for a committee, using outside consultation to conduct a national search for the best candidates. Like I said, its yet to be seen how that decision will pan out, but I respect the Universities forethought and commitment to that process. I think the same can be done for Auburn.

NOLA,

You are absolutely correct and Thank you .

I had forgotten, Southern Association frowns on that .

No BOT interference in day to day operation of Athletic Dept.

Apologies to all.

So write Dr. Gogue . Cut and paste info below

Contact

Office Hours:

7:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.

Contact Information:

107 Samford Hall

Auburn, AL 36849

334-844-4650

jgogue@auburn.edu

I agree the focus should be on the replacement of the AD.

Back when Tommy Tuberville was on the hot seat at Auburn, I thought we should have moved him to the AD position. Tommy had bad personal problems at the time and could not focus on the head coaching duties.

During his time at Auburn, I thought he did a lot for the whole school. He was a class act. Pushed for upgraded facilities, high graduation rates, etc.

Having an experienced head coach as AD would mean that he could make better assessments of the head coach he hires.

Can anyone tell me if Bobby Lauder is still heavily involved. If so, we got to get him out of the picture. He is the Al Davis of the college football world.

I agree with everything about CTT ..Auburn was blessed the time he was here.

I disagree about Bobby Lauder ....when CGC contract was made up Bobby Louder was the only vote to not give CGC a seven and a half million dollar buyout after this year. Bobby Louder is a legal mob boss.

I agree the focus should be on the replacement of the AD.

Back when Tommy Tuberville was on the hot seat at Auburn, I thought we should have moved him to the AD position. Tommy had bad personal problems at the time and could not focus on the head coaching duties.

During his time at Auburn, I thought he did a lot for the whole school. He was a class act. Pushed for upgraded facilities, high graduation rates, etc.

Having an experienced head coach as AD would mean that he could make better assessments of the head coach he hires.

Can anyone tell me if Bobby Lauder is still heavily involved. If so, we got to get him out of the picture. He is the Al Davis of the college football world.

I agree with everything about CTT ..Auburn was blessed the time he was here.

I disagree about Bobby Lauder ....when CGC contract was made up Bobby Louder was the only vote to not give CGC a seven and a half million dollar buyout after this year. Bobby Louder is a legal mob boss.

Bobby needs to take a page out of Paul Bryant Jr.'s book: hand over the check book and BACK AWAY.

Archived