Could UGA and Florida have a rematch in the National Championship?

AuburnWarVet

Considering their current rankings and the undefeated teams ahead of them lose, which is possible, I think they can. At a minimum UGA could as long as they win out because I think Notre Dame and K State will lose one. Interesting to say the least.

Golf how to think it all ends up? Personally I think Oregon and K State have the best shot.

Would love to see that game. Maybe the NC that everybody thought it would be in 2010, somebody forgot to give the defenses the memo.

Florida has no chance. After what ULF did against them at home, they appear to a typical sec team.

At this point the bcs championship game will be any teams but the sec.

Don't see it. First I think UAT beats UGA, not by much but a win none the less. I think there will be huge amount of backlash against the SEC this year (rightfully so) because of last year. I do think though there could be a chance that two teams are undefeated. Oregon's big test is Oregon State. Get past that and should win their conf championship. Kansas State should win out. Don't see much in their way. ND has SC and that will be tough.

Even if a one loss team goes to the BCS why UAT? They have had two real test this year and lost one and coulda/shoulda lost the other.

Things are crazy and it is very possible now....If Notre Dame looses, Florida beats Florida st, and of course Georgia beats UAT..I think it will happen

Your logic makes sense but voters would drop Fla most likely behind Oregon to keep the SEC from playing each other again. That would be hilarious if the BCS would be another SEC rematch when just last week the SEC was out of it

Here's how it could happen.

Florida wins out. ND loses to SC. K-State loses to Texas. Oregon loses to Oregon State or to UCLA in their championship game. Georgia beats Bama.

I think that would pretty much guarantee a Florida-Georgia match-up in the title game.

Even if all those things don't happen, Florida is ranked above Oregon right now in the BCS standings. If ND loses to SC, I bet it would be close between Oregon and Florida in the final BCS standings. But Oregon would get to play two more games, Florida only one.

It looks a LOT like Oregon will leap Florida. Florida would definitely have to overcome voter fatigue (and the "you're not even a division champ" argument, which is a pretty good one). On top of that, Florida is currently number two in the computer poll average. Oregon is currently seventh. Florida could move up to number one in the computer polls (if ND loses and UF wins), but Oregon will definitely move up if they get a road win over Oregon State (BCS #15) and a neutral site win over UCLA (BCS #17 with a chance to move up by beating Stanford). Basically, Oregon has more room for improvement than UF, and they're already ahead in both human polls.

The really interesting question is: what happens if Stanford beats UCLA this weekend? That would give Stanford the Pac 12 North and a UCLA re-match in the Pac 12 title game, which means Oregon would also have the knock that they didn't even win their own conference division. Would that encourage voters to push Kansas State back into the picture? They're still fourth in the computers, but 7 & 8 in the human polls.

If ND lost (which I don't think will happen) and Stanford wins the Pac 12, your options opposite the SEC Title game winner are: Florida (who didn't win their division), Oregon (who didn't win their division), Notre Dame (who lost their last game), and Kansas State (who will still win the Big 12 with a win against Texas). All would be one-loss teams. Only one would have a conference title.

It looks a LOT like Oregon will leap Florida. Florida would definitely have to overcome voter fatigue (and the "you're not even a division champ" argument, which is a pretty good one). On top of that, Florida is currently number two in the computer poll average. Oregon is currently seventh. Florida could move up to number one in the computer polls (if ND loses and UF wins), but Oregon will definitely move up if they get a road win over Oregon State (BCS #15) and a neutral site win over UCLA (BCS #17 with a chance to move up by beating Stanford). Basically, Oregon has more room for improvement than UF, and they're already ahead in both human polls.

The really interesting question is: what happens if Stanford beats UCLA this weekend? That would give Stanford the Pac 12 North and a UCLA re-match in the Pac 12 title game, which means Oregon would also have the knock that they didn't even win their own conference division. Would that encourage voters to push Kansas State back into the picture? They're still fourth in the computers, but 7 & 8 in the human polls.

If ND lost (which I don't think will happen) and Stanford wins the Pac 12, your options opposite the SEC Title game winner are: Florida (who didn't win their division), Oregon (who didn't win their division), Notre Dame (who lost their last game), and Kansas State (who will still win the Big 12 with a win against Texas). All would be one-loss teams. Only one would have a conference title.

And this is why we love college football so much.

Things are crazy and it is very possible now....If Notre Dame looses, Florida beats Florida st, and of course Georgia beats UAT..I think it will happen

Your logic makes sense but voters would drop Fla most likely behind Oregon to keep the SEC from playing each other again. That would be hilarious if the BCS would be another SEC rematch when just last week the SEC was out of it

I hope it does happen...I love to hear the know it all's cry.

Archived