Murray State

mustache eagle

Thought I would get the ball rolling for tomorrow tonight.

I had completely forgotten that Murray State was a very solid team last year. below is exerpt from auburntigers.com game page:

"the Racers start four seniors and a junior ... Murray State returns preseason All- American Isaiah Canaan, a 6-foot point guard, from its 31-2 team that won the Ohio Valley Conference with a 15-1 record ... the Racers are ranked just outside of the Associated Press Top 25 this year ... last season, Murray State advanced to the NCAA Tournament third round where it lost to Marquette 62-53 after defeating Colorado State 58-41 in the second round ... the Racers finished the season ranked 12th nationally by the AP ... Murray State has won three straight OVC Champion- ships and has led the league in scoring defense the last four seasons."

12th nationally at the end of season and all upperclassmen this year!!!! I, unfortunately, am pessimistic about tomorrow tonight. Particularly since we won 1 game away from Auburn Arena last year. I hope our newbies are unaffected by an away crowd - auburn is closer so maybe we will have some support there, or at least a sparse crowd.

I am generally optimistic about the basketball future, but we will have to play our best all around game of the year to win tomorrow tonight. Heres hoping for the best!!!

EDIT: above post has had the stupid edited out of it!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm concerned to see what an all American will do to us after that kid from ipfw lit us up. Hopefully we have Simone who can d him up! Hopefully we'll keep the game competitive and if that happens then you never know

Thought I would get the ball rolling for tonight.

I had completely forgotten that Murray State was a very solid team last year. below is exerpt from auburntigers.com game page:

"the Racers start four seniors and a junior ... Murray State returns preseason All- American Isaiah Canaan, a 6-foot point guard, from its 31-2 team that won the Ohio Valley Conference with a 15-1 record ... the Racers are ranked just outside of the Associated Press Top 25 this year ... last season, Murray State advanced to the NCAA Tournament third round where it lost to Marquette 62-53 after defeating Colorado State 58-41 in the second round ... the Racers finished the season ranked 12th nationally by the AP ... Murray State has won three straight OVC Champion- ships and has led the league in scoring defense the last four seasons."

12th nationally at the end of season and all upperclassmen this year!!!! I, unfortunately, am pessimistic about tonight. Particularly since we won 1 game away from Auburn Arena last year. I hope our newbies are unaffected by an away crowd - auburn is closer so maybe we will have some support there, or at least a sparse crowd.

I am generally optimistic about the basketball future, but we will have to play our best all around game of the year to win tonight. Heres hoping for the best!!!

Tonight? My schedule says the 15th. :dunno:

Thanks for posting. Murray State was definitely a good team last year with a lot of returning talent. I. Canaan is a great player. Not sure about this year, but I seem to remember them relying on Cannan for a lot of offense last year. I took a look at their roster and they don't have a player over 6-7 that players serious minutes. Maybe we can use the size advantage to pick up some key boards and defend the lane.

I'm concerned to see what an all American will do to us after that kid from ipfw lit us up. Hopefully we have Simone who can d him up! Hopefully we'll keep the game competitive and if that happens then you never know

In our defense, the guy from IPFW was tied for 4th in scoring for all of D-1 basketball last year. And although he lit us up, only 2 other players on IPFW notched a FG against us. I like this team, hopefully they can come out and play some tough defense and grab a win.

that kid from ipfw was solid. he was good inside and out and had a winners type of mentality - you could see it. he would play on any d1 team. if they are that short and chubb/adt can be solid down low then we can win this game. i am not confident outside unless someone gets hot. i keep hoping noel johnson will consistently light it up. maybe it is coming. we cannot rely on sullivan to win a game like this. we need our young athletes to play solid d and hit the boards HARD. this is the kind of game, imo, that a player like shaq could make a difference in. take it to the hoop and get some fouls, grab some boards.

I think playing tough on D is going to be a big key in this game. Tough teams from smaller conferences often do well because they are fundamentally sound and have at least one key scorer. It will be important to play a complete game on D, not just on Canaan. If we can play tough D, drive to the basket, and out rebound Murray State, I think we have a shot at winning.

The only way we can win this game is if we keep them under 65ish points. It has to be a scrappy defensive game. We cannot afford to have a "scoring fest" with them.

I'm ready for some AU basketball. That is all. :)

AMEN BROTHER!! Cook the gumbo and LETS GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEE! I think we will be ok. Wallace and Greene will hold Canaan under 20. Auburn wins by 7!

I'd like to see Allen Payne and Noel Johnson get hot. I think when N. Johnson is on from outside, it's hard to stop him; also when Allen Payne gets hot, not neccesarily shooting the ball (although he can shoot fairly well), he does it in a more defensive way. Payne is a guy that, IMO, could grab close to 8 or 9 boards a game, and score a double doble even on some nights. If Allen plays well on defense, he can be a nighttmare for opposing offenses. War Eagle!

lookie here, its now today!!!

did i see somewhere that payne has gotten some comparisons to bryan smith ... if so, i concur. if you got a forward that can get you a double-double (or close to it) on a nightly basis, that is solid. add double digit boards by our big men and sullivan/johnson in double figures nightly ... along with wallace/greene/sullivan having a good turnover to assist ratio. sounds like a recipe for success.

solid D and hitting the boards can be done every night. if so, then you are in every game. we have the depth to do that. just gotta do it with discipline and high, high energy. the young guys will get a lot more minutes if they will do so.

think so.

firstrowsports.eu has it on line...

II heard they have the internet on computers now...thinking about trying it out, anyone have an opinion on it....go, bad, or meh?

think so.

II heard they have the internet on computers now...thinking about trying it out, anyone have an opinion on it....go, bad, or meh?

i have watched a good bit of stuff on this site. it has a good bit of popups and whatnot. when the window with the game comes up, beware of some of the pictures and ads on the right side in case kiddos are around. some may not be suitable. also, the area where the game is actually showing will have a couple of smaller windows which have "fake" close symbols. let the timer play out and then close the window with the correct button - it will take a few times and then you will figure out how to close the popups and expand the game window.

regardless, it allows you to watch all kind of games all over the world.

think so.

I watched the IP game on P2P4U

Archived