Murray State

mustache eagle

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serioiusly bummed. I did say early on I had questions about whether the lineup could score enough. Now we know. Even though we are going to have growing pains, we need to start Greene and Price rather than Wallace and Adamu to get scorers in there. Could be ugly early but that's all that will solve this and it may take some time.

Frankie is 2/13 and we have 15 turnovers. That is your ballgame folks.

Frankie plays like he's at the Y in a pickup game. He has no shot selection at all. None.

Frankie went down hard and has been out since about 14 left in the half. Tough to score from the locker room while getting stitches.

Yes, im watching it online. Still doesn't have anything to do with his stats tonight and his career in general.

A bit of good news is we have 16 points and 10 rebounds out of the center position. I would take that this year, but we are getting nothing out of the 2 and 3 which are your two best scoring positions usually. Price is 0/6 from the floor. Shaq has 5. N. Johnson has 0, Payne has 0. 10 points won't cut it from those two spots obviously.

Frankie went down hard and has been out since about 14 left in the half. Tough to score from the locker room while getting stitches.

Yes, im watching it online. Still doesn't have anything to do with his stats tonight and his career in general.

Wasn't trying to imply it was the reason he didn't score

79-59 Murray St. But it never was even as close as that sounds. Down 40 pts at one point mid way through the 2nd half. Coach Barbee and our team have a lot of work to do before we will be competitive this season.

I didn't have high hopes about winning, but I was hoping for at least a competitive game. This is embarrassing. Maybe we will come together eventually down the road, who knows. This game reminds me of the FSU game last year.

I turned on the radio and it was 36-11 and went downhill for the next few minutes. Bad shots, turnovers, bad defense ... Good grief.

I'm do not have enough stomach to watch another men's varsity sport get crushed this year. I am sure they are good and experienced ...

But for the love of all that is good, we gave a good go against the national champions last year at home. But tonight was not exactly a hostile crowd. I don't care if our backups are young. The parts I heard, our experienced guys weren't getting it done. I'm about ready for one of our coaching staffs to lose with growing youth than stagnant experience.

You can play d and rebound in any gym in America, even if the offense sputters. Down by nearly 30 befor half!?!?!?!? Are you freaking kidding me!?!?!?!?

I didn't really understand why people were expecting things out of our BB team this year. I still don't understand why people were excited about our BB team. Barbee has held onto maybe 2-4 kids he has signed over the last two years. Its hard to win when you are constantly bringing in new lineups that don't consist of McDonald AAs.

I turned on the radio and it was 36-11 and went downhill for the next few minutes. Bad shots, turnovers, bad defense ... Good grief.

I'm do not have enough stomach to watch another men's varsity sport get crushed this year. I am sure they are good and experienced ...

But for the love of all that is good, we gave a good go against the national champions last year at home. But tonight was not exactly a hostile crowd. I don't care if our backups are young. The parts I heard, our experienced guys weren't getting it done. I'm about ready for one of our coaching staffs to lose with growing youth than stagnant experience.

You can play d and rebound in any gym in America, even if the offense sputters. Down by nearly 30 befor half!?!?!?!? Are you freaking kidding me!?!?!?!?

You might get your wish. Barbee sounded like in the post game interview that he was going to re-evaluate who was playing and when. He called out the vets and said he left them in the game early to see if they would fight back.

I could hear some real improvement. You can see the "good" week of practice. Last year's team would have been blown out by 21 or mabye even 22 points last year. This team has some beasts on it. Things are really swinging up for all programs. Thanks Jay!!

Don't let one game in basketball ruin the season that football has already stained.

Archived