Boston College game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just lost to Boston college. That's just unacceptable. Gonna be another long year.

Very,very,very winnable game especially holding their best player to 3 points. Sad.

Devil's advocate here. Considering we played "pretty well" with this result, I'm guessing as always our margin of error this year is very VERY slim...oh well, season's young, we will (should :/) improve

Oh and by the way so much for this new recruiting class that was ranked so high. They haven't done anything this year.

wow. talk about over reacting. It was the FOURTH frickin' game of the year. Step away from the ledge. Geez.

Oh and by the way so much for this new recruiting class that was ranked so high. They haven't done anything this year.

wow. talk about over reacting. It was the FOURTH frickin' game of the year. Step away from the ledge. Geez.

um ok? didnt really think I overreacted. just stating the truth, they havent really contributed yet.

i would like to point out that 5 guys scored today and really only 3 because Shaq and Adamu only scored once. thats just ridiculous. BC's freshman guard had 18 points tonight have our freshman even scored 18 points this year.

I'm going to get blasted for this, I know, but is anybody else just wanting to be decent in one of the major three sports. I follow AU football, basketball, and baseball, and other than the national championship, we've had one good team in those three sports in the last 3 years. 3 YEARS! That was the baseball team in 2010. I'm just saying, I'm very tired of losing. I'm tired of mediocrity. When does one of these teams step up and perform to the level they are supposed to? Basketball hasn't had a tournament team in 10 years. I know we are only barely into the season, but it just doesn't look good. We make stupid mistakes and do not perform in the clutch, exactly what we've been doing for the past 10 years. Baseball is slowly getting there but I can't be completely happy with them until they can be a fundamentally sound team and make the post-season again. Then football; other than the national championship year, we are 24-25 in 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2012. I'm just tired of mediocrity in AU atheletics. When do we start performing like a school that recruits in the top 25 in all three sports should be performing?

I'm going to get blasted for this, I know, but is anybody else just wanting to be decent in one of the major three sports. I follow AU football, basketball, and baseball, and other than the national championship, we've had one good team in those three sports in the last 3 years. 3 YEARS! That was the baseball team in 2010. I'm just saying, I'm very tired of losing. I'm tired of mediocrity. When does one of these teams step up and perform to the level they are supposed to? Basketball hasn't had a tournament team in 10 years. I know we are only barely into the season, but it just doesn't look good. We make stupid mistakes and do not perform in the clutch, exactly what we've been doing for the past 10 years. Baseball is slowly getting there but I can't be completely happy with them until they can be a fundamentally sound team and make the post-season again. Then football; other than the national championship year, we are 24-25 in 2008, 2009, 2011, and 2012. I'm just tired of mediocrity in AU atheletics. When do we start performing like a school that recruits in the top 25 in all three sports should be performing?

Not going to blast you, I take enough of that on my own haha! Since this is in a basketball thread, I'll try to keep on topic to that although, besides football, I'm a HUGE AU baseball fan, and sadly the past decade in Auburn basketball has caused me to lose interest and not keep up with them as much as I used to (I still follow every game, but used to follow schemes, recruits, game tape, haha I was ALL IN!). I am not all that impressed with the team this year thus far, but as has been pointed out, the season is young and we aren't expected to do much this year (picked 12/14 in conference). I think this is your point though. An Auburn athletic team should never be picked so low year in/year out. Outlier years will occur in every sport, where the team will vastly underperform, but all in all, a competitive squad should always be the case. I'm being patient with basketball right now, partly because I think I was the last supporter on the Jeff Lebo ship and that sailed for 6 years. I know he underperformed and was given ample time; however, he was also promised a new arena for recruiting, and was fired before he coached a game in it.

Yep.... maybe we should ask our dear leader, Jay Jacobs about this.

Big three, meh-I'm all about equestrian!!!!

Look. We lost to a BIG EAST team on their HOME COURT and were a last second shot from beating them. Its NOT like when we lost to Samford. Our freshmen are very good players, but they are not one and done guys like UK has. It will take some time. AND we have more than 5 or 6 players who we can put on the court for the first time since Sonny Smith was coach. AND Frankie's last second shot was on Sportscenter and the Sportscenter guys bragged on him. When was the last time that happened.?

Barbee or whomever did the scheduling did NOT give us a lot of foreplay this year. We have played some good teams and have improved every game. How long did it take Kenny Gabriel to become a good player? Kyle Davis? Vot Barber? Or Even Frankie? I believe the light will come on with our new guys MUCH faster than those guys. Now is not the time to panic. Now is the time to look for improvement and I see that. Yea the new guys need to come on and score. A real complaint is the lack of rebounding and some terrible outlet passes resulting in turnovers. But that can be fixed. If we go into the 4 or 5 games rilght before conference season at .500 we will be about where we should be. NOT where any of us would like to be, but everything considered where we should be And NO ONE will look forward to playing us at home especially. We won't be the doormat. Relax and enjoy the ride. For the first time in a long time it may be bumpy, but we will be getting somewher.

Yeah I understand your point benjazz, but they were picked last or second to last (can't remember) in the ACC. Their best player was semi-hurt and only had 3 points. Their starting lineup has nothing but freshmen and sophomores There was no excuse to lose that game. However, I am going to give them plenty of time.

My bad boom. Conference realignment has my head spinning just a bit. And Maryland is where? LOL. 8 of the next nine games are at home. Let them get settled in. The experience on the road will be good for the rest of the year in conference, but its tough right now. There are issues, but its a lot easier to solve issues if you have bodies with talent. I think we have that. We shall see soon.

I'd just like to get to the point where we play on tv pretty often instead of just being broadcast on the internet every game. The internet? Really?

I'd just like to get to the point where we play on tv pretty often instead of just being broadcast on the internet every game. The internet? Really?

We should be on TV for the majority of our conference games

I agree, the season is young and we've played some tournament teams here early. I don't know why but I get the feeling that this team will find a way to take some of the football sting off.

Look. We lost to a BIG EAST team on their HOME COURT and were a last second shot from beating them. Its NOT like when we lost to Samford. Our freshmen are very good players, but they are not one and done guys like UK has. It will take some time. AND we have more than 5 or 6 players who we can put on the court for the first time since Sonny Smith was coach. AND Frankie's last second shot was on Sportscenter and the Sportscenter guys bragged on him. When was the last time that happened.?

Barbee or whomever did the scheduling did NOT give us a lot of foreplay this year. We have played some good teams and have improved every game. How long did it take Kenny Gabriel to become a good player? Kyle Davis? Vot Barber? Or Even Frankie? I believe the light will come on with our new guys MUCH faster than those guys. Now is not the time to panic. Now is the time to look for improvement and I see that. Yea the new guys need to come on and score. A real complaint is the lack of rebounding and some terrible outlet passes resulting in turnovers. But that can be fixed. If we go into the 4 or 5 games rilght before conference season at .500 we will be about where we should be. NOT where any of us would like to be, but everything considered where we should be And NO ONE will look forward to playing us at home especially. We won't be the doormat. Relax and enjoy the ride. For the first time in a long time it may be bumpy, but we will be getting somewher.

x2 +100 :thumbsup:

Benjazz really does bring up some good points. Road games anywhere are tough. We beat a College of Charelston team that beat nc in the nit last year on the road. Didwe deserve to win the game? Not at all. But we found a way to win. I'll get blasted for that because c of c was missing their best player that night, but the guys went through adversity. They grew up, and that's the experience I think we need. We were down 8 to BC and came back to almost win the game! Last year, we get down by that much on the road, we lose by 15. Long season, let's get on board with this team and let's have a decent season for the first time in 4 years!

Benjazz really does bring up some good points. Road games anywhere are tough. We beat a College of Charelston team that beat nc in the nit last year on the road. Didwe deserve to win the game? Not at all. But we found a way to win. I'll get blasted for that because c of c was missing their best player that night, but the guys went through adversity. They grew up, and that's the experience I think we need. We were down 8 to BC and came back to almost win the game! Last year, we get down by that much on the road, we lose by 15. Long season, let's get on board with this team and let's have a decent season for the first time in 4 years!

"Almost" has been the theme of Auburn Basketball for years now. It's not about moral victories anymore.

Archived