Why?

wareaglexx

Start to read the Clint Mosley thread and boom! Took no time to find out people are saying we don't have a QB cause Clint left.... Damn.. Why not just hold your horses a little and see what CGM does. One may find that none of our QB's had a dogs chance at succeeding last year cause the coaches didn't know how to use/fine-tune talent.. . Yes, I said it, blame it on the previous coaches.. They were the problem.. Go ahead, Blast me for it..

When CGM goes out and recruits a Freshman or Juco QB and tosses the existing QB's in the trash, so-to-speak. I will then say we had no talent at QB...

Give the new coaches and current players a chance to work together before saying "oh crap, we don't have a QB or RB or WR..!"

Why keep saying we don't have talent when really don't know what is under the hood? It is like a car, doesn't matter how big the engine is, if the timming is horribly out of whack then the car can't function.

I believe in CGM and trust he will make the rights decisions for both Auburn and this football team....

my 2 cents...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with OP last years coaching was horrendous, we have no clue the potential of the players we have, but we all can agree that this staff is more proven in the coaching department.

I agree with OP last years coaching was horrendous, we have no clue the potential of the players we have, but we all can agree that this staff is more proven in the coaching department.

It doesn't matter how good the staff is unless the head coach is any good, which remains to be seen, considering he's extremely unproven and untested.

It doesn't matter how good the staff is unless the head coach is any good, which remains to be seen, considering he's extremely unproven and untested.

People need to give him a chance before calling him out. He has yet to coach a game at AU.

Start to read the Clint Mosley thread and boom! Took no time to find out people are saying we don't have a QB cause Clint left.... Damn.. Why not just hold your horses a little and see what CGM does. One may find that none of our QB's had a dogs chance at succeeding last year cause the coaches didn't know how to use/fine-tune talent.. . Yes, I said it, blame it on the previous coaches.. They were the problem.. Go ahead, Blast me for it..

When CGM goes out and recruits a Freshman or Juco QB and tosses the existing QB's in the trash, so-to-speak. I will then say we had no talent at QB...

Give the new coaches and current players a chance to work together before saying "oh crap, we don't have a QB or RB or WR..!"

Why keep saying we don't have talent when really don't know what is under the hood? It is like a car, doesn't matter how big the

engine is, if the timming is horribly out of whack then the car can't function.

I believe in CGM and trust he will make the rights decisions for both Auburn and this football team....

my 2 cents...

I think you may have miss-read some of the Mosley posts. Most of the concerns are pointing out we will only have two QB's heading into spring practice. I didn't take any comments as the sky is falling. Just some concern about depth at QB.

Let's be honest... Whether we have 2 scholarship QB's or 14, if it comes down to playing Clint does anybody honestly think he gives us a snowball's chance in hell to compete with anybody other than our homecoming competition?

Why keep saying we don't have talent when really don't know what is under the hood? It is like a car, doesn't matter how big the

my 2 cents...

I think you may have miss-read some of the Mosley posts. Most of the concerns are pointing out we will only have two QB's heading into spring practice. I didn't take any comments as the sky is falling. Just some concern about depth at QB.

I would honestly rather see Quan Bray running the QB position, especially in CGM's O, than CM

Something to think about

Jonathan Wallace had a fairly good year last year...not great, but good. Khiel Frazier I think will have a better year this year than last because he will be in a system he is more comfortable with. Khiel will have to think less about what he is supposed to be doing and just do it - which should lead to better performance.

Jeremy Johnson is also coming in and will be the third string QB most likely. We also have a few players who were QB in high school (e.g. Bray, Trovon Reed) that could possibly be servicable if we get despirate.

I understand the concern, but if your worrying premise was that our existing QB weren't great - than that hasn't changed by Mosley leaving unless you felt that Mosley should have been the starter.

Call me a cock eyed optimist...but I think Gus I the real deal, he has won everywhere he has been..

We need to sign a juco QB who's able to step right in to action if something starts to go wrong with Wallace and Frazier. I doubt Gus would start a true freshman like Johnson.

my 2 cents...

I tend to agree.

I would honestly rather see Quan Bray running the QB position, especially in CGM's O, than CM

I tend to agree.

Something to think about

Jonathan Wallace had a fairly good year last year...not great, but good. Khiel Frazier I think will have a better year this year than last because he will be in a system he is more comfortable with. Khiel will have to think less about what he is supposed to be doing and just do it - which should lead to better performance.

this

Why keep saying we don't have talent when really don't know what is under the hood? It is like a car, doesn't matter how big the engine is, if the timming is horribly out of whack then the car can't function.

my 2 cents...

No Dufus, No QB regardless of Clit Moseley leaving or not. One wil be a sophmore and Fraizer will be a Junior and I think he will be a head case by then. CGM's offense is QB specific.

Something to think about

Jeremy Johnson is also coming in and will be the third string QB most likely. We also have a few players who were QB in high school (e.g. Bray, Trovon Reed) that could possibly be servicable if we get despirate.

I understand the concern, but if your worrying premise was that our existing QB weren't great - than that hasn't changed by Mosley leaving unless you felt that Mosley should have been the starter.

Add Uzamoh (spelling sorry) to that list of former QBs that could be used in a pinch.

I've got family that live near Clint's family. They've been saying for months he was gone, so this feels like old news to me. I'm not worried about that one bit. I agree with wareaglexx, let the coaches handle the business before giving yours to them.

In my previous "life" at AUF, I was constantly blasted for defending Kiehl Frazier and his abilities. I still believe that we will be cheering HIM to victory next year. I like Jonathan Wallace, I really do. Phenix City will always be my 2nd "Hometown". I just do not believe that EVERYONE in the nation was wrong and that he really has no talent. So, once CGM has been here a minute and HE has decided that Kiehl can't get it done, then I will admit that I was wrong. I sat in the stands at JHS last year and watched a Thoroughbred being asked to perform Dressage. Yeah they both use horses, but for completely different reasons.

I think the more important issue is that we have no proven QB right now - the Oline & Dline are sketchy and the LB's :puke: All of that spells disaster in the SEC. The current staff has their work cut out for them that's fo sho.

my 2 cents...

No Dufus, No QB regardless of Clit Moseley leaving or not. One wil be a sophmore and Fraizer will be a Junior and I think he will be a head case by then. CGM's offense is QB specific.

\

Your reasons for thinking Kiehl will be a head case are............

In my previous "life" at AUF, I was constantly blasted for defending Kiehl Frazier and his abilities. I still believe that we will be cheering HIM to victory next year. I like Jonathan Wallace, I really do. Phenix City will always be my 2nd "Hometown". I just do not believe that EVERYONE in the nation was wrong and that he really has no talent. So, once CGM has been here a minute and HE has decided that Kiehl can't get it done, then I will admit that I was wrong. I sat in the stands at JHS last year and watched a Thoroughbred being asked to perform Dressage. Yeah they both use horses, but for completely different reasons.

Yeah well, that Oline of ours had Kiehl looking more frightened than a young filly at the stud farm. :blink:

Spread, Pro Style, Freshman doesnt matter, if you cant throw the ball to an open receiver then we are in trouble.I think the excuse "he wasnt comfortable with the new system" is just that, an excuse. Hopefully one of our QB's can runs some plays this year. I have my money on Wallace. I think Keihl gets ample time to show he's the man but Wallace will start.

my 2 cents...

\

Your reasons for thinking Kiehl will be a head case are............

AUQBDAD, is that you??? I think Keihl is a kid with plenty of talent and heart, playing behind a weak Oline and having to learn a new game plan. I think Jonathon Wallace is a man-child with leadership skills, a brain for football and a good work ethic. I can't predict which will win out in Gus's offense. I truly hope he gives each guy a fair shake and I'd love to see him utilize the talents of each guy, though not necessarily an equal time 2-QB offense. What I really want to know is, and this is VERY important...are we gonna get to see those play-calling pictures on the sidelines again??? I loved those!!!

Spread, Pro Style, Freshman doesnt matter, if you cant throw the ball to an open receiver then we are in trouble.I think the excuse "he wasnt comfortable with the new system" is just that, an excuse. Hopefully one of our QB's can runs some plays this year. I have my money on Wallace. I think Keihl gets ample time to show he's the man but Wallace will start.

3 words for you:

Leadership, leadership, and leadership!

Last year Keihl had none, (Lefty and Chiz) this year he will have the best in the business. You will see a different Keihl this season, and watch him hit those open receivers!

many of our fans are too fixated with how many stars next to Kiehl name when we got him. Many 5 and 4 stars are bust, while many of them play well and get to the next level. But I still probably agree with you that Kiehl will have a chance to be starter and success this coming year, since in Gus system, Gus do the thinking part for his QB. There are no complex read and change play be QB himself alas Payton Manning style.

Archived