I still find it strange (Sandy Hook reporting)

autigeremt

I think we are about even on knowledge and experience, but I just can't stop learning it because I'm addicted.

On that note. Homer, EMT. If you go too far, it's worse than crystal meth. It's outrageously addictive.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the point?

Are you guys developers or gamer's or something? What do you do with a computer that works better with these operating systems? Are computers a hobby for you?

I say this from the perspective of being introduced to computers in my job in the 1980's. I learned word processing, spreadsheets, a data base and Powerpoint. I later got into digital photography and I occasionally record music.

Of course, while I was doing this I had technology support people to make it all work.

To me, having to mess with my computer's hardware or software is (sometimes) necessary evil. I just want my application to work and spend my time mastering it. I hate to mess with the computer itself. I sure don't want to introduce compatibility issues, etc.

Linux is Spontaneous Order ...other than that, it's just an excuse to hack/hijack threads.

Linux is Spontaneous Order ...other than that, it's just an excuse to hack/hijack threads.

Oops.

"Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone."

http://economics200....ly-when_30.html

Caution:Hijacking will not be tolerated. Warn +2

Anarchy gets such bad wrap, when in fact it just means pure liberty. When Tuscaloosa was hit with a tornado it was anarchy that came to the rescue with truckloads of water, food and necessities from all over. I, along with my Aubie Sister and her Bammer Husband (grad) loaded truckloads for three trips to T-town. Forget about the rival, we were independent of government helping one another. That's anarchy. Furthermore, I made it known to those involved that this was an example of anarchy.

ANARCHY, SOCIETY, AND SOCIAL EVOLUTION

Political anarchy and social anarchy are at opposite ends of the social development spectrum. The former is a society without rulers which relies on natural law and natural rights to maintain order, promote economic progress and ensure liberty and justice for all. The latter is a society without rules. Property rights are ignored and the only law observed is the law of the jungle. In between these extremes you will find totalitarian and democratic societies.

In a political anarchy individuals own and control specific units of property including land and capital (capitalism). Ownership is determined by customary rules. The system is organized spontaneously from the bottom up by individual decision making using a price system to coordinate activities.

Modern societies with rulers evolved from the post feudal system of monarchy where there was a king or queen who controlled people and their property, sometimes allegedly with instructions from God known as "divine right". In 1215 the Magna Carta limited sovereign authority and led to the development of democratically elected rulers. The subjects were allowed to vote for their ruler who then appointed bureaucrats to carry out their orders. The bureaucrats are assisted by a police force under the control of the ruler.

Archived