Over / Under on Saban over signing?

au81bs

When do start the poll on how many Saban actually over signed this year and how many current players come down with a mysterious career ending injury or other issue?

Since he seems to be able to keep his scholarship numbers a secret, my guess is he over signed 7, so I go with 3 medical releases and 4 due to disciplinary reasons.

i think those processed numbers need to be made know to all these high level * players that go over there. Not that a 18 year old ever thinks something will go wrong.............

But the year to year statistics would be interesting for any NCAA school

• Left team for playing time at another college
  • Medical scholarships
  • Kicked off team
  • Left team for other reasons

When do start the poll on how many Saban actually over signed this year and how many current players come down with a mysterious career ending injury or other issue?

Since he seems to be able to keep his scholarship numbers a secret, my guess is he over signed 7, so I go with 3 medical releases and 4 due to disciplinary reasons.

You know what they say about people who live in Glass Houses... Better not to have gravel driveways.

You know what they say about people who live in Glass Houses... Better not to have gravel driveways.

Thank goodness mine is paved. So, we signed 20 this year. How many do you think we over signed? Has AU been routinely criticized for over signing like UAT? Yes, we have our problem kids that leave the program, but how many do have leave, routinely, for sudden medical reasons? Does AU keep scholarship player numbers a secret like UAT? There is a huge difference between reasonable attrition and intentional acts of making room, of which Saban is consistently accused by parties outside of AU fans.

I dont get how recruits and the media not ask him about this stuff??

If Saban came to my house hear are the questions:

1) Coach considering your a documented liar how am I to believe what you tell me now?

2) Coach you lectured recruits on the importance of committment yet hung out Darius Philon to dry is that at all hypocritical?

3) Coach What is the graduation rate of your players since you became coach?

4) Coach what do you do to ensure that academics are the players number one focus even behind football?

5) Coach is it true you stepped over a convulsing player at Miami?

6) Coach is it true you told your secretary at Miami not to speak to you unless spoken to?

7) Coach why are freshman and assistant coaches not permitted to speak to the media?

8) How do I know my son has a scholarship if a better player is signed by you next season?

9) Coach is it ethical to grey shirt a player?

10) Coach Why you in a lousy mood all the time?

11) Coach do you ever take your entire to team to church together?

These are my questions for Satan.

There is no over/under. The actual number is 10 oversigned. After their seniors left and juniors declared for the draft they have 70 players on scholly. They signed 25. 70+25=95. And they had already processed about 4 or 5 players in preparation over the past season. This should be in Rivals Recruiting forum.

We haven't oversigned. Had or if we should sign all 27 slots available to us this year, we still would not be at 85 by the start of fall camp. Remember, normal attrition is around nine per year.

I look forward to the day that we're so well stocked that we can ease some lower-producing players on to Jax State or West Georgia. This ain't some rec league, everybody gets a chance to bat scene. It's fish or cut bait, and we need to get to the point that we, too, can send the bait-cutters on their way.

We haven't oversigned. Had or if we should sign all 27 slots available to us this year, we still would not be at 85 by the start of fall camp. Remember, normal attrition is around nine per year.

I look forward to the day that we're so well stocked that we can ease some lower-producing players on to Jax State or West Georgia. This ain't some rec league, everybody gets a chance to bat scene. It's fish or cut bait, and we need to get to the point that we, too, can send the bait-cutters on their way.

+100000 Great post Mikey.

I've been waiting for the day when AU can cull out players that don't give a crap about working hard, following the rules and giving 100% on the football field. I hope and pray that I saw the last AU player's (plural) lay down and flat out give up during a game. :banghead:

Thank goodness mine is paved. So, we signed 20 this year. How many do you think we over signed? Has AU been routinely criticized for over signing like UAT? Yes, we have our problem kids that leave the program, but how many do have leave, routinely, for sudden medical reasons? Does AU keep scholarship player numbers a secret like UAT? There is a huge difference between reasonable attrition and intentional acts of making room, of which Saban is consistently accused by parties outside of AU fans.

Sure he cuts players. We have not had to cut players because so many of ours left school on their own or did not get in school in the past (not sure that is any better). We have had 85 on scholarship only one year in the last 4 (and we won a NC that year).

We brag about us not cutting players and throw off on UAT for doing so when, in reality , the ONLY reason we have NOT cut players is that we haven't had enough to be able to cut. When we get to the full 85 and we have guys who are not producing and have an opportunity to sign some that might, I can assure you we will also cut players (or coaches) as fans will be screaming for same.

Reminds of a religious denomination once who promoted for decades that there would only be 144,000 make it to heaven and they all must be members of their denomination. However, once the denomination's numbers went over 144,000, they changed their theology. When we hit a hard 85, we will change our theology as well. That is why I say, people in glass houses...

All last year around this time, we heard a LOT of boasting on this site about how CGC was so morally superior to NS because WE were offering FULL 4 year scholarships. When the record went south, you didn't hear a lot of people bragging about our 4 year scholarships. That 4 year scholarship deal did not help GCG a lot. What does help a coach is WINNING and you win by getting the best 85 on your team that you can. As Mikey said above, the SEC is not a rec league where everybody gets to bat or play in every half.

Sure he cuts players. We have not had to cut players because so many of ours left school on their own or did not get in school in the past (not sure that is any better). We have had 85 on scholarship only one year in the last 4 (and we won a NC that year).

We brag about us not cutting players and throw off on UAT for doing so when, in reality , the ONLY reason we have NOT cut players is that we haven't had enough to be able to cut. When we get to the full 85 and we have guys who are not producing and have an opportunity to sign some that might, I can assure you we will also cut players (or coaches) as fans will be screaming for same.

Reminds of a religious denomination once who promoted for decades that there would only be 144,000 make it to heaven and they all must be members of their denomination. However, once the denomination's numbers went over 144,000, they changed their theology. When we hit a hard 85, we will change our theology as well. That is why I say, people in glass houses...

All last year around this time, we heard a LOT of boasting on this site about how CGC was so morally superior to NS because WE were offering FULL 4 year scholarships. When the record went south, you didn't hear a lot of people bragging about our 4 year scholarships. That 4 year scholarship deal did not help GCG a lot. What does help a coach is WINNING and you win by getting the best 85 on your team that you can. As Mikey said above, the SEC is not a rec league where everybody gets to bat or play in every half.

Concerning those 4 year scholarship players, how many do we still have on 4 year scholarships vs now 1 year? Perhaps 50 left on 4 year?

"Concerning those 4 year scholarship players, how many do we still have on 4 year scholarships vs now 1 year? Perhaps 50 left on 4 year?"

Starting with last signing day,(2012) every player we sign is on the four-year scholarship. That was/is president Jay Gouge's idea. It caught the coaches off guard.

It really doesn't matter. Guys on the four year plan can be canned just as easily as those on a year-to-year deal. The four year thing is cosmetic, nothing more.

Archived