2014 4* OL Steven Moss (Virginia signee)

aufan57

Thanks E for the film. Moss looks very athletic, strong and pretty quick for an OL and he could easily add weight.

SOOO...this is the 3rd or 4th OL under 280lbs we have offered recently. I know we NEED athletic O-Linemen as well. I guess we are wanting these two to develop 25-30lbs of muscle as a RF. Otherwise, we need B-I-G O-Linemen!!! 6'6"- 6'8" and 310 to 350 lb kids. Is development the deal? You can't teach size...just sayin'!

SOOO...this is the 3rd or 4th OL under 280lbs we have offered recently. I know we NEED athletic O-Linemen as well. I guess we are wanting these two to develop 25-30lbs of muscle as a RF. Otherwise, we need B-I-G O-Linemen!!! 6'6"- 6'8" and 310 to 350 lb kids. Is development the deal? You can't teach size...just sayin'!

If you want big lineman check out Jordan Sims profile. We offered him today, he is 6'4" 325 lbs. I wouldn't worry so much about the weight of some these guys. A lot of them have the frame to put on 20 lbs of muscle when they get in the college weight room

If you want big lineman check out Jordan Sims profile. We offered him today, he is 6'4" 325 lbs. I wouldn't worry so much about the weight of some these guys. A lot of them have the frame to put on 20 lbs of muscle when they get in the college weight room

I know they can ad 20-25lbs but that still has them right at or just a sandwich over 300lbs.That is big. I guess it's because I'm 6'3" 255 and as I watched the team last year I saw our Offensive Linemen. It seemed like with the exception of a few they were not an ounce over 295 if that. I realize that with a bunch of work they can beef up 20-25 lbs in the 4 years. What if they don't though? Then what? You end up with what we had last year, that's what. I guess I just want our guys to look like say-burn's herd. Them's some big uns'. Do the test for Steroids in the SEC? I know it isn't like it was in my day when "everyone" was on Test and D-Bol. But like everything else these day's there are a bunch of "Legal" steroids as well as expensive synthetic versions and HgH. Testing is expesive as well.

:muscles::banghead: (<--Roid Rage)

LMFAO.

The three best OT's in the NFL Draft this year are:

6'6 306

6'7 306

6'6 303

Also, how was size an issue at OL last year? Do some of you even bother looking things up, or do you just talk out of your mind on a daily basis? Greg Robinson is 310+ pounds, John Sullen was 310+ pounds, and Chad Slade was pushing that number too.

Metafour is right on - even tho yet again with attitude we have come to know. I picture him reading these boards, putting his hands to head like in his profile picture, turning a dark shade of red, then begins typing. :realmad: Between him and wartiger we should all know our place =)

Just playing with you guys! Carry on

On topic: I have no problem with a high school junior lineman weighing in at 280. High school strength and conditioning programs have nothing on AU's facilities. Not to mention diet plays a big part. Big difference between putting down large quantities of food and actually paying attention to the proteins, carbs, fibers you take in.

I also find it hard to beleive that you could find a 6-8 340# monster that could move quick enough for our offense. I agree that 300# should be the minimum to see playing time in the SEC but as far as recruits go I have no problem seeing an "undersized SEC starting lineman" being offered at the age of 16-17. These boys can grow and hopefully we have the coaching staff for it.

LMFAO.

The three best OT's in the NFL Draft this year are:

6'6 306

6'7 306

6'6 303

Also, how was size an issue at OL last year? Do some of you even bother looking things up, or do you just talk out of your mind on a daily basis? Greg Robinson is 310+ pounds, John Sullen was 310+ pounds, and Chad Slade was pushing that number too.

LMFAO! Nowhere did I say that 300 lbs is too small.

-Mr. Metafour: Yeah and they are all in competition to make millions. They are the best. SOMTIMES you don't have all the natural ability but you are bigger than the other guy so you whip him. I bet there are some 6'2" 290lb guys with much better technique than a 6'8" 330lb kid. But I bet if the bigger kid has any skill at all he ends up at LT everytime.

SOMTIMES you don't have all the natural ability but you are bigger than the other guy so you whip him.

This is the SEC, not HS football. At no point in time will a giant fat kid without natural ability ever "whoop" anyone in this league. We've had big 320+ linemen, most recently kids like Andre Harris and Eric Mack, who couldn't crack the lineup...in fact, both spent the majority of their careers trying to LOSE weight.

The only time that "bigger is better" applies is when the kid actually has the natural athleticism and feet to play at the size. By the way; being 320+ pounds is counter-intuitive in this offense because the linemen need to be able to play no-huddle just like every other play on the offense. That means being able to run a play, sprinting down the field and getting set, then running another play almost immediately when the offense is running at peak tempo. There is little rest period for guys to stand around and catch their breath.

Archived