2014 3* OL Jordan Poland (Arizona signee)

CalgaryTiger

Coach Ed "Benchpress" Oregiron will take over on an interim basis and will stop the bleeding, especially when it comes to recruiting. Every program in the country will be like vultures over a few top recruits (USC currently is not in the top 40 on most sites). Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Worth a try.

With Kiffin gone, any interest in a big 4 star OL recruit?

He does not have an AU offer and we don't recruit Cali much but Kiffin gone helps with 4* DT Josh Frazier. We were 3rd behind Arky and USC.

He does not have an AU offer and we don't recruit Cali much but Kiffin gone helps with 4* DT Josh Frazier. We were 3rd behind Arky and USC.

3rd? I thought Alabama was in front of us also. Hopefully, we can smoke Arky and take the #1 spot

3rd? I thought Alabama was in front of us also. Hopefully, we can smoke Arky and take the #1 spot

He does not have a committable Bama offer.

All we have to do is get Jordan to visit the Plains and he'll fall in love with how much the people feels like family. And yes, this should help our chances with Josh. If we start recruiting Josh, then he can help us recruit Jordan and have the 2 of them visit the Plains together.

All we have to do is get Jordan to visit the Plains and he'll fall in love with how much the people feels like family. And yes, this should our chances with Josh.

We have to start recruiting him before that.

From what I have read today, the loss of Kiffin actually is helping USCw with some of their major recruits. Looked like some were going to USCw in spite of LK now that's one issue resolved.....and sounds like any coach they hire will be considered a step forward.

Even though they were looking at USC in spite of Kiffin, when the staff overhaul starts won't that hurt USC's chances of landing those guys?

Even though they were looking at USC in spite of Kiffin, when the staff overhaul starts won't that hurt USC's chances of landing those guys?

It can go both ways as in help or hurt. Just depends on the situation.

Who are the leading candidates for the USC job right now?

I don't think anyone knows right now. Probably makeing a list and will try to get some HC before Christmas that is unless they are still working in the NFL or NCAA.

From what I have read today, the loss of Kiffin actually is helping USCw with some of their major recruits. Looked like some were going to USCw in spite of LK now that's one issue resolved.....and sounds like any coach they hire will be considered a step forward.

If I were a recruit, that is how I would look at the situation.

Kiffin was a placeholder just like Mike Shula was, or Derek Dooley for that matter. You hire an inept coach who maybe has youth and some recruiting ability on his side, and he weathers the sanction years, to be fired as you see the light at the end of the tunnel and then replaced by a more competent coach.

Kiffin was a placeholder just like Mike Shula was, or Derek Dooley for that matter. You hire an inept coach who maybe has youth and some recruiting ability on his side, and he weathers the sanction years, to be fired as you see the light at the end of the tunnel and then replaced by a more competent coach.

Possibly so...but Kiffin was hired before the hammer came down though about anyone who followed sport could see that coming so he should not have been surprised...though I suspect that many USCw alums are like bammers and just never believed the NCAA would really hit them with a major penalty.

As it was, he was not their first choice and place holder or not, he was probably the best they were able to do at the time since most informed people could see trouble on the horizon. In my view, the real "place holder" is the guy they bring in now because he has 3 or 4 years of playing with a very depleted team and even if the alums know in their heads that the team has some lean years ahead, they will still believe in their hearts that USCw should dominate the Pac 12...and will not put up with a series of 4 or 5 loss seasons. JMO

Archived