Pre-Game Jitters

TigerMom

Concerned, anxious, sick to my stomach. I know the team is great. I know they are focused, I know they are ranked #3. BUT, I remember years when no one gave Auburn a chance, and they ended up BEATING alabama. I hope we don't have a replay of that situation. I also remember years that alabama would win all the time. This game will not be a blowout. It will be very close. AND, I hope AU comes out on top. They should. Has Auburn played a game in the rain this year? I don't remember a home game where it rained. Is anyone else nervous? I'll feel better after we score 2 touchdowns and I have at least 1 drink.

I'll feel better after we score 2 touchdowns and I have at least 1 drink.

124105[/snapback]

I'll feel better after we score 1 touchdown and I have at least 2 drinks.

Hey Tigermom it is ok to have a little jitters about the game, but let me help you out with a little info.

#1) :au: D has only allowed only one rushing TD this year and :ua: the only thing they can do right now is run. There passing game has really drop off with out Brodie.

#2) :ua: D is strong at first but as it get around end of 3rd and start of the 4th they start getting winded. The teams they have played with a good O start chewing up big yards on them, with us having Jason, Ronnie and Williams and our great full back that will spell trouble for there D.

I hope this will help and War ealge

:au: 38

:ua: 7

Pre-game jitters is normal and to be expected because there is an extremely remote possibility that things might turn out the way we would want. But when you are comparing us to them think about this:

(1) which starting player on the offense do they have that we would swap our counterpart for?

(2) which starting player on the defense do they have that we would swap out counterpart for?

(3) which co-ordinator, offensive or defensive, do they have that we would swap our counterpart for?

(4) would we swap Tuberville for Shuler?

The bottom line here is that they don't have anyone that I would swap for and this gives me the great comfort that I have now.

War Eagle!

:):):D:D:):)

I'm just trying to keep some sense of normalcy about me for the next few hours. It's hard to do when you go to the store and everyone has their colors on and stocking up on game supplies.

I hate this game with a passion and love every minute of it at the same time. I wish it were about 6:30 tonight and I knew the outcome. Well, maybe I don't.

I don't know if it is because of being far removed from the excitement or just a weird mood, but I'm not very uptight...matter of fact, I might go take a nap about noon.

Thanks folks. I fixed 2 Bloody Marys and I think I can watch this game. Come on Tigers - 3 hours to go! I'll just watch the Tiger - wannabees and the other USC.

If I was nervous for the ULM, LaTech, and Citadel games, I'm sure nervous about this one. We could be playing the A-Day game, and I'd still be nervous. Hopefully these nerves leave me by the end of the 1st Qtr. We should have a temperature of the game by then.

Archived