AU vs Victory

AUpocalypse

Too many fouls tonight, other than that hard to gage what this team will be like bc Victory was pretty horrible.

Seniors had some bright flashes between Denson, ADT, and Payne..

Really looking forward to seeing how freshmen Deen, Wade, and Griciunas progress

Too many fouls tonight, other than that hard to gage what this team will be like bc Victory was pretty horrible.

Really looking forward to seeing how freshmen Deen, Wade, and Griciunas progress

Actually, I think we did guage what the team will be like...for one thing IMO, the assists and willingness of the point guards to pass and score even in an exhibition game is very informative. Last season, a few guys would have taken advantage of this type game (and opponent) to run up some big shooting nights and Josh was never an outside threat....no matter who we were playing.

How good the team will be is still an open question of course, but looked to me that this will be a "team" with less emphasis on personal stats. Too early to tell if we have scorers (instead of shooters) but we do seem to have more offensive firepower than last year ....and with better floor management, the team has the potential to win the close games they managed to lose last year.

How good the team will be is still an open question of course, but looked to me that this will be a "team" with less emphasis on personal stats. Too early to tell if we have scorers (instead of shooters) but we do seem to have more offensive firepower than last year ....and with better floor management, the team has the potential to win the close games they managed to lose last year.

I should have elaborated a bit, that's the part of the game I meant was difficult to gauge. The more obvious pieces that a lot of people (who are down about AU bball and post on the board) only see. The stats were pretty skewed all around with Victory's poor rebounding, shooting, being out-manned, + a pretty 'slow' game.

I'm glad you pointed out the ball movement. It was beautiful at times & I can see quite a bit of difference there. Free throws.. that area also looked better. That has been a second gash on an achilles heel going back as far as I can remember. I saw a lot of good form & I'm hoping to see at least a 10% improvement there this year.

I have a feeling Griciunas will be a stud before he leaves the plains. First thing he did was let one go from the top of the arc (miss). Gotta love a 7' 3-point shooter.

Archived