AU - UGA game time 2:30 CBS

TastesLikeChicken

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE NEED TO KILL UGA. I don't care what time the game is played. We need to WIN!

Most assuredly, I agree.

That should be everytime we play them. I HATE the dawgs.

Agreed!

Anyone heard yet? I know CBS used their 6 day rule. I'm guessing CBS picks it for 2:30.

They make the official announcement on Sunday. They would be foolish not to pick our game.

I dont hate the dogs but it is a good feeling when we do win. Played a little ball for Vince Dooley when he was freshman coach at AU so I always have a soft spot for him and Erk Russel but those are the people you want to show your best so beating Georgia has always been special

I dont hate the dogs but it is a good feeling when we do win. Played a little ball for Vince Dooley when he was freshman coach at AU so I always have a soft spot for him and Erk Russel but those are the people you want to show your best so beating Georgia has always been special

I feel like it used to be a respectful rivalry. Not so much in the past decade.

I worked a private dinner for him just before the allegations came out about Cam in 2010. He had some amazing Bo & Herschel stories and really high praises for Newton. I've always liked the man too. More so after that night.

But after living through a mixed Auburn/Ga pool of friends through college (#1 reason here), having some drunk hit me with a beer bottle and his friend pour another over my head in the '94 tie game, failures during the Muschamp DC years, etc etc etc etc.... they can die for all I care. Looking forward to Saturday on the Plains!

It was a respectful rivalry until richt came along

That is either a coincidence or a false perception. Mark Richt is one of the finest character coaches around.

Won't be official until Sun, but I expect it'll be the CBS afternoon game. If Auburn beats GA ten I expect the uat game will also be CBS's afternoon game.

Guest jojo1515

So how does it work that bama LSU is a night game while aTm MSU is the CBS 2:30? I'm assuming ESPN has the rights certain weeks and CBS has the rights other weeks? (there is no way cbs chose aTm MSU over LSU bama)...And if so, who would have the rights the week of AU v bama? Any chance for a night game?

So how does it work that bama LSU is a night game while aTm MSU is the CBS 2:30? I'm assuming ESPN has the rights certain weeks and CBS has the rights other weeks? (there is no way cbs chose aTm MSU over LSU bama)...And if so, who would have the rights the week of AU v bama? Any chance for a night game?

There's a very helpful thread on this topic over at Tiger Droppings. CBS has first choice every week, and they apparently thought Johnny Football would be a better draw than LSU-Bama.

That is either a coincidence or a false perception. Mark Richt is one of the finest character coaches around.

I think it's the fan base changing over there. The bammer effect. I really hope the sec drops the fixed east west rivalry games. The whole thing was setup to keep auburn playing UGA and UAT playing UTK every year. Those games don't mean that much anymore...

I've watched several games where his players run around like thugs...just look at last week and 2010 vs auburn

I hate Georgia. Witnessed 4 mid 50s men calling 3 auburn girls 'wh*res' while eating at locos in Athens. I said something along the lines of these are someone s daughters and granddaughters and they wanted to fight. Georgia is Mississippi without Atlanta. Tools.

I don't get that. I think his "fine character" is perception. He brought FSU's "dirty play" to GA.

Surely you jest. Where is that sarcasm emotion. Remember Richt learned his ways from the master at Free Shoes U!

Anyone heard yet? I know CBS used their 6 day rule. I'm guessing CBS picks it for 2:30.

They make the official announcement on Sunday. They would be foolish not to pick our game.

After the win we had today, I couldn't agree more.

After the win we had today, I couldn't agree more.

I will be shocked if CBS doesn't pick this game for their 2:30CST slot.

There's a very helpful thread on this topic over at Tiger Droppings. CBS has first choice every week, and they apparently thought Johnny Football would be a better draw than LSU-Bama.

Correction ... CBS gets a double-header and a night game once a year. They are using the night game slot for LSU-Bama.

Archived