AU - UGA game time 2:30 CBS

TastesLikeChicken

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope its espn as well.. cbs means we have to listen to vern and deal with a commercial every five minutes

Agreed. I cannot stand listening to Gary and Verne. The guys on ESPN2 last week were awesome. Much better analysis of the game.

It would be interesting if the SEC would take on 1 more member to bring the total to 15 teams. Maybe like Oklahoma or Texas. If we have 15 teams, we could be the first conference with 3 divisions. This would be a bit tough figuring out the SEC champs. Then again, maybe not.....

Our game with Ga will be a battle. They have had our number. I want to beat them soo bad. Murray had a very good game against us last year. If we do not have tight coverage, he may kill us. Hurley should be close to 100% too. Met heir defense is not very good, so this may turn into a who can score the most type of game. Ga is also poor on special teams. I think we will need to play better than we did this week against UT to win. I think we will pull it out.

I dont hate the dogs but it is a good feeling when we do win. Played a little ball for Vince Dooley when he was freshman coach at AU so I always have a soft spot for him and Erk Russel but those are the people you want to show your best so beating Georgia has always been special

I feel like it used to be a respectful rivalry. Not so much in the past decade.

It was a respectful rivalry until richt came along

That is either a coincidence or a false perception. Mark Richt is one of the finest character coaches around.

It's true, whatever the reason.

I dont hate the dogs but it is a good feeling when we do win. Played a little ball for Vince Dooley when he was freshman coach at AU so I always have a soft spot for him and Erk Russel but those are the people you want to show your best so beating Georgia has always been special

I feel like it used to be a respectful rivalry. Not so much in the past decade.

It was a respectful rivalry until richt came along

That is either a coincidence or a false perception. Mark Richt is one of the finest character coaches around.

I think it's the fan base changing over there. The bammer effect. I really hope the sec drops the fixed east west rivalry games. The whole thing was setup to keep auburn playing UGA and UAT playing UTK every year. Those games don't mean that much anymore...

Unfortunately, I think that only happens if either the ACC or Big XII switch to a 9-game conference schedule down the line and an 'The Committee' screws an SEC team out of the playoffs because of it.

CBS will pick it up, book it.

Sucks, cuz I don't want to hear those two gump worshippers.

BSPN is almost as bad. I just listened to Mark May and the Spitter talk about how McCryan should win the Heisman. Give me a freaking break. The Heisman goes to the most outstanding player in college football for the current year, not to the person who can hold Satan in his arms like a 5 year old. WDE

CBS will pick it up, book it.

Sucks, cuz I don't want to hear those two gump worshippers.

BSPN is almost as bad. I just listened to Mark May and the Spitter talk about how McCryan should win the Heisman. Give me a freaking break. The Heisman goes to the most outstanding player in college football for the current year, not to the person who can hold Satan in his arms like a 5 year old. WDE

:lmao:

I hope CBS doesn't pick our game. Given the options, I would rather it be on ESPN at night...

Agree 100%! I don't want Gary, Verne or having to sit through 1,000 commercials.

History is history. LSU is not what what they have been in the last few years. You would think LSU was a top 5 team they way they were portraying the game.

I hope CBS doesn't pick our game. Given the options, I would rather it be on ESPN at night...

Agree 100%! I don't want Gary, Verne or having to sit through 1,000 commercials.

If on CBS most of the comments will be about Marshall being an old Georgia Bulldog instead of his development under Gus and they can fill in the rest of the air time with saban worship and who they will play in the SECC & NC. Vern is shameless and should wear a bama hat during the broadcast. Gary has some good observations but wants to be on the winning side.

War Eagle !

I would much prefer a night game in Jordan-Hare than having to listen to Verne and Gary and their back-handed compliments toward Auburn. "Auburn's a great rushing team, but that's because they have to be because they don't really have a great QB", or "Auburn can really run the ball, but they haven't faced a defense like UGA or Bammer".

Don't really care for ESPN, but at least they have a few announcers that seem to be unbiased.

When you watched that game last year, did you think that we would head into the next year's game the higher ranked team? I know I sure didn't! :hellyeah:

All we are going to hear is:

Georgia makes big play:

Verne: "WOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!"

Auburn makes big play:

Verne: "Alabama has a great chance to win out."

Might have to turn the sound off for this one. This will be a bammer lovefest with AU vs. UGA as a sideshow.

Archived