And so it begins

benjazz

Another Barbee failure. Either the kids hate playing for Barbee or he recruits guys with the wrong character. Either way, it's tragic for Auburn.

From what they were saying on the radio he will be back this season. Sometimes people actually ha e family issues to look after...

That's true. But when there's a heavily established pattern of kids bailing out on our team, it's probably wise to assume the normal has happened again. If he comes back, that will be the shocker.

Certainly I hope the young man resolves any issues in his family and family should always come first. After a while though, players come and go so much at Auburn, you have to shake your head and think this program is snake bit.

Another Barbee failure. Either the kids hate playing for Barbee or he recruits guys with the wrong character. Either way, it's tragic for Auburn.

Mikey, you aren`t usually one of the negative folks on this board. Do you know something about him leaving on family issues the rest of us don`t know or just getting in front of the let`s run Barbee crowd? Just wondering. Is the kid gone for good or are some people hoping he is gone so they can pile on Barbee? Just curious.

Mikey, you aren`t usually one of the negative folks on this board. Do you know something about him leaving on family issues the rest of us don`t know or just getting in front of the let`s run Barbee crowd? Just wondering. Is the kid gone for good or are some people hoping he is gone so they can pile on Barbee? Just curious.

I have no inside information. Barbee lost me when 3 of his four freshman recruits left the team after last season. I've come to expect them all to leave and if one stays it's a rather shocking surprise. Maybe Griffin is the first one to drop off this year, maybe he'll be back. Odds are he's gone but time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived