Polls - for Week 15

FHeal

Last week we were 81 points behind OSU, this week we are 25 points behind them in the Coaches Poll.

Last week OSU had 1428 pts and we had 1268... Difference of 160 pts in the coaches.

You are correct. My screen moved and I looked at the wrong poll. 160 points down to 25 is even better.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do have a 2 lose South Carolina ahead of a 1 lose Michigan State. Y'all are right it could get very interesting.

That idiot Brady Hoke, cost Michigan a possible victory. I know he said that he took a vote from his seniors to go for 2 points. In my honest opinion, Hoke should have made the smart call, and have told the seniors that they would have a good chance to win in OT. OSU could have very well won the game in OT, but that is something we will never know. Michigan State has a great team, and are very capable of beating OSU.

We will win the SEC Championship!! If anyone doubts this team now, they need to give it up, go home, and never watch or listen to another Auburn football game. This team will do their part to be NCs for 2013. Auburn Magic is real and very alive!!

that is absurd, if the OSU played the turds next week on a neutral field, the turds would be a double digit favorite.

ahem ... they were a double-digit favorite against us yesterday ... and probably would be at least a 7-point favorite if we played again next week.

And FWIW, tOSU was also a double-digit favorite against Michigan yesterday.

Don't put much stock in betting lines. They can't account for heart.

That idiot Brady Hoke, cost Michigan a possible victory. I know he said that he took a vote from his seniors to go for 2 points. In my honest opinion, Hoke should have made the smart call, and have told the seniors that they would have a good chance to win in OT. OSU could have very well won the game in OT, but that is something we will never know. Michigan State has a great team, and are very capable of beating OSU.

We will win the SEC Championship!! If anyone doubts this team now, they need to give it up, go home, and never watch or listen to another Auburn football game. This team will do their part to be NCs for 2013. Auburn Magic is real and very alive!!

I totally agree with the decision to go for 2. They had the momentum at that moment and were incapable of stopping tOSU's running game. If it had worked, everybody saying he is stupid would be calling him a genius. I really wish it had worked, but I don't blame the coach. Judging from the Coaches poll, we may not even need Urban to drop a game to move into #2.

what i meant was that it is absurd that osu is getting first place votes. their schedule is pathetic.

that is absurd, if the OSU played the turds next week on a neutral field, the turds would be a double digit favorite.

ahem ... they were a double-digit favorite against us yesterday ... and probably would be at least a 7-point favorite if we played again next week.

what i meant was that it is absurd that osu is getting first place votes. their schedule is pathetic.

They didn't get any first place votes this week. We got 2.

We need to take care of our own business and we will because Gus has them focused. But, just looking at the polls out so far today and its clear Auburn is making a big move on Ohio State. The Coaches poll is a very big jump because they had Clemson in front of us and they lost.

Harris, the other BCS poll, also had Clemson in front of Auburn last week, but their new poll isn't out yet. The BCS computer polls already like us so this will be interesting.

AP Poll

11/30: 2. Ohio State 3. Auburn (-31)

11/23: 3. Ohio State 4. Auburn (-81)

Coaches Poll- included in BCS

11/30: 2. Ohio State 3. Auburn (-25)

11/23: 3. Ohio State 5. Auburn (-160)

The good ole Sagarin has us 6 which hurts our computer average. South Carolina at 4, smh. Northern Illinois at 2. Wow!

I totally agree with the decision to go for 2. They had the momentum at that moment and were incapable of stopping tOSU's running game. If it had worked, everybody saying he is stupid would be calling him a genius. I really wish it had worked, but I don't blame the coach. Judging from the Coaches poll, we may not even need Urban to drop a game to move into #2.

If that QB releases the ball early it's 2pts and Hoke is a hero. Totally agree with the call.

The good ole Sagarin has us 6 which hurts our computer average. South Carolina at 4, smh. Northern Illinois at 2. Wow!

Saragin is always the outlier so his poll gets thrown out anyway and ends up having no effect.

Sagarin adjust his criteria constantly. His poll should not even be considered because it is so much different and the criteria changes.

You need to look at the correct poll. the AP means noting. It's the coaches and harris polls that count with the computers. where we have no 1st place votes and OSU as 4.

don't forget that the worst and best polls get chopped off. so the saggy will not matter.

tOSU got 4 first place votes in the Coaches Poll (the only one that counts), none in the AP

Auburn got 0 in Coaches, 2 in AP

An interesting possibility ... If an undefeated tOSU gets left out of the championship game, wins the Rose Bowl, and if Auburn wins the BCSCG on another miracle (perceived fluke) play, we could have a split NC, with AP voting tOSU and Auburn winning BCS. Wasn't this what the BCS was supposedly designed to avoid?

So tell me how uat ends up at #4 ahead of Mo (SECE Champs). They didn't play head to head so that one's out. If the SEC is the strongest conference, should #1&2 (1a&1b at this point) be ahead of uat? Thoughts?

tOSU got 4 first place votes in the Coaches Poll (the only one that counts), none in the AP

An interesting possibility ... If an undefeated tOSU gets left out of the championship game, wins the Rose Bowl, and if Auburn wins the BCSCG on another miracle (perceived fluke) play, we could have a split NC, with AP voting tOSU and Auburn winning BCS. Wasn't this what the BCS was supposedly designed to avoid?

That would be a heck of a way to end a chaotic BCS era. Just saying!!

There is no such thing as a split NC. The AP could vote the Miami Heat #1 every week of the season and it wouldn't matter. The BCS has been tough to live with, but it rarely gets things wrong in the end, and like it or not it is the only thing that grants a NC until next year.

It could happen that way, but i don't believe that the AP as ever split since the BCS as been created. I think the voters feel that if the left out team was deserving they would ave been in the BCSCG.

thats why we didn't get a split in 2004

I am not sure Osu has to lose this weekend. They just need to look like they did on Saturday. If we can win DECISIVELY and Osu looks iffy, we may pull it off in the eyeball test. We need a win without miracles.

I am not sure Osu has to lose this weekend. They just need to look like they did on Saturday. If we can win DECISIVELY and Osu looks iffy, we may pull it off in the eyeball test. We need a win without miracles.

we did, The IB was not a miracle win, we outplayed the turds on the last play that they begged for and got. they can suck it up. We won and it wasn't a fluke, miracle, or a bad call, we ran a legit play and scored on it.

There is no such thing as a split NC. The AP could vote the Miami Heat #1 every week of the season and it wouldn't matter. The BCS has been tough to live with, but it rarely gets things wrong in the end, and like it or not it is the only thing that grants a NC until next year.

That certainly wouldn't keep Bama from claiming another MNC if the AP voted them #1.

Has anyone else noticed that on espn's CFB frontpage, the article explaining why tOSU should be #2 is featured, and the one explaining why it should be Auburn is not only a small link next to it, but labeled an INSIDER article, so you can't even read it unless you pay! Not one for the espn conspiracy theory, but...lol

That certainly wouldn't keep Bama from claiming another MNC if the AP voted them #1.

Exactly my point. This mindset is what makes Bama claiming NCs through convoluted logic acceptable to people.

Archived