Solution for BCS?

mooseau02

I was just watching the halftime report for the Bowling Green game tonight. I caught the tail end of a conversation the announcers were discussing concerning the coaches poll I think. They said something about sending video of the three top teams for a more accurate vote. Did anybody else hear this?

Didn't hear what you were talking about. But to give my thoughts on the question that named this thread. There is no solution other than to devise some sort of playoff system. Right now the BCS is in a mess. There are 3 BCS teams and two non BCS teams that are undefeated. They are AU, USC, OU, Utah, and Boise St. Boise State is not a contender, but the other four are. The BCS has a big problem. And I don't think anyone who has any knowledge about football will be pacified by hearing that the computer says USC and OU are better, and then tell AU and Utah....tough, your good, but we say these other two teams are better. The BCS may not die from this year's debacle, but everyone knows it's sick and won't last long. (hopefully)

Let's just hope it's not another 50 years before we're in contention again.

Any idea how the BGSU loss will affect OKL pointwise in the computers? During the halftime show they were saying how this was going to help Oklahoma even more, b/c of how good BGSU looked, and that they were #25 in the computers.

Of course no mention of it was made after Toledo came storming back with 40+ 2nd half points.

The BCS may not die from this year's debacle, but everyone knows it's sick and won't last long.  (hopefully)

125981[/snapback]

Alas, I'm afraid the pot of gold that FOX just gave them will keep the BCS on life support for a very long time. :(

Since some believe that just winning a game is not good enough. Now teams must win on "style points" this is what I plan. Here is the plan: assign each play difficulty rating say between 1-5. That way one would be able to judge execution. Say Auburn score on a 5 rated play and then OK score on a 3 rated play. Then AU would get more points. That way execution would count. we could have judges from 5 other conferences to judge the plays and assign the ratings. Sort of like gymnastics. Throw out the highest and lowest score. I think that would be the solution. NOT REALLY! That is absurd! Do not get me wrong I do not want this but it just shows the absurdity of the BCS. If winning is not good enough and you must win by 45 every game. What is that going to do to football. How can you not have a playoff. It is the only way. When you have a human component involved there is no way not to have bias. That is where AU is losing the battle. It is popularity pure and simple.

Archived