Softball vs. North Dakota State - game thread

Forgot they were playing tonight. First home game of the season. Auburn gave up a run in the top of the first on 2 hits.

In the bottom half, Auburn has the bases loaded with 1 out and McKenzie Kilpatrick at the plate. Kilpatrick pops up to short. Wild pitch gets away from the catcher and Auburn plates a run. Tied at 1 going to the 2nd..

Lineup tonight:

Emily Carosone 2B

Morgan Estell CF

Kasey Cooper 3B

Brandi Melero RF

McKenzie Kilpatrick C

Austyn West DP

Jade Rhodes 1B

Kelsey Boggards SS

Tiffany Howard LF

Marcy Harper P

North Dakota State plates 2 in the top of the 2nd....

Auburn comes back an plates 3 in the bottom half of the 2nd and are still batting. Pitching change for North Dakota State and Auburn with 1 out and bases loaded...

Sorry, haven't updated it often enough tonight. Auburn has shut out North Dakota state since the 2nd inning. Auburn plated a run in their half of the 4th. Auburn is batting now bottom of the 5th, 2 out and nobody on base...Auburn leads 5-3...

Branndi Melero hits one DEEP to left center and out of the park for a 3 run homer.....10-3 Auburn...all this with 2 outs...

Bottom of the 6th and Morgan Estell singled right over the first base bag with 2 runners on....getting a standup triple and plating two runs. (it might be considered a double, and I believe the 2nd run won't count(not sure officially or not)), but the game is over per the run rule as Auburn wins 11-3.

Went to the game, and saw a lot of positives. Auburn's approach at the plate looked better than I have ever seen. Field upgrades also were great (1st time charging admission, reserved sections marked off with season ticket holder's names on the seats, walls pushed back, fences lowered from 10 to 6 feet, and new wall padding).

Looking forward to great things from this team now and in the future! War Eagle!

Went to the game, and saw a lot of positives. Auburn's approach at the plate looked better than I have ever seen. Field upgrades also were great (1st time charging admission, reserved sections marked off with season ticket holder's names on the seats, walls pushed back, fences lowered from 10 to 6 feet, and new wall padding).

Looking forward to great things from this team now and in the future! War Eagle!

Sounds great....thanks for the report

I'm stoked about the baseball team being there! The family is coming together in every way.

I'm stoked about the baseball team being there! The family is coming together in every way.

Yeah, I love the support our sports programs are giving to other programs. Malzahn is very often at the basketball games and seeing the baseball team at the softball game last night was awesome.

Archived