Auburn vs. Arkansas Pine Bluff - game thread

WarTiger

Both teams were without a hit their first time through the order. APB got the first hit with a single in the 4th but was gunned down trying to steal second.

In the bottom of the 4th, Auburn gets a leadoff single from Anfernee Grier. He steals second but was originally called out on the throw, but Sunny Golloway came out to discuss it and the umpires got together and ruled him safe. Dan Glevenyak then hit a chopper up the middle that was fielded and the throw to first was short and bounced by the first baseman, allowing Grier to score the first run. So, its 1-0 Auburn in the bottom of the 4th.

Going to top of 5th now...1-0 Auburn.

Auburn batting in the bottom of the 8th leading 2-1....Auburn has a runner on second with 1 out. Anfernee Grier at bat..

Terrance Dedrick strikes out the side in the top of the 9th.. Auburn wins 2-1.

looks like SG had a change of heart about dedrick. Wednesday he said he wouldn't close and 2 days later he does. I like the SG fire but he doesn't need to publically call out a player and not follow through.

Glad they won a tight one.

He said that he and TD had a heart to heart, butting heads, and decided to let TD show he could handle it. Sounded like they mutually came to an understanding. While I agree, calling out players publicly is dangerous and not the thing to do, I like the openness of this situation. I think it was more of a challenge to TD and the rest of the team that may have paid off. Hope we don't see a lot more open chastising but this appears to have paid dividends. Some good pitching last night. War Eagle to the team and coaches.

Archived