Buzz Williams Discussion

WarDamnEagle#1

I saw an ESPNU Inside Look on Marquette where they have cameras follow the team throughout a period of time. I liked his style and he seemed to really get through to the kids. He would be an incredible hire for the program.

I think he's the next in line if Pearl doesn't work out.

Dude will be expensive though. He makes $2.8 million at Marquette.

If Buzz Williams commands $2.8mil. I cant help but wonder what it'll take to make the Pearl hire happen. I understand the dynamics are different seeing how Pearl is on the back end of a show cause but he could just as easily wait out a year and cash a big check if he wanted to go that route.

I saw an ESPNU Inside Look on Marquette where they have cameras follow the team throughout a period of time. I liked his style and he seemed to really get through to the kids. He would be an incredible hire for the program.

Your music playing deal throws up a security warning every time I click on a thread you have posted in. It can be quite annoying.

Put 3.1 million on the table for Pearl. If he wants back into coaching bad enough, he'll take our offer. If not, then we should move to the plan B.

Don't know enough about him .

5 NCAA Tourney appearances in 6 years. 2 Sweet 16's, 1 Elite 8, 1 Round of 32.

Guest jojo1515

Forgot to include...already making almost as much as Gus Malzahn and coaches at a perennial bball school. Why would he consider AU? Just dont see him leaving for the SEC bottom with UA sponsor. Also dont see us offering him more than he makes now. Im guessing his name is just a smokescreen. It probably doesnt make sense for a reason

Forgot to include...already making almost as much as Gus Malzahn and coaches at a perennial bball school. Why would he consider AU? Just dont see him leaving for the SEC bottom with UA sponsor. Also dont see us offering him more than he makes now. Im guessing his name is just a smokescreen. It probably doesnt make sense for a reason

Agree. Basketball is all Marquette has. I just see Buzz getting a raise from Marquette if his name keeps getting mentioned.

Agree. Basketball is all Marquette has. I just see Buzz getting a raise from Marquette if his name keeps getting mentioned.

Or AU putting pressure on Pearl

Your music playing deal throws up a security warning every time I click on a thread you have posted in. It can be quite annoying.

Does it play something automatically or something like that? It shouldn't do that. The source site is very safe, but I don't want it playing unless somebody clicks the play button lol that would be so spammy. I think you can block certain people's signatures on here though, but I'm not 100% sure.

I agree. I think every name is a smoke screen in trying to force one person to make up their mind.

x2 but I don't know if mentioning the AU BB job would help him any at getting a raise. I love everything AU but IMO on a professional career level the guy would be nuts to even consider that move.

Does it play something automatically or something like that? It shouldn't do that. The source site is very safe, but I don't want it playing unless somebody clicks the play button lol that would be so spammy. I think you can block certain people's signatures on here though, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm usually on using my phone. I haven't noticed it actually playing because my media volume is usually off. It just always pops up a security warning that I either have to click through or cancel.

Big surprise...to everyone...check this:

http://college-basketball.si.com/2014/03/21/buzz-williams-stunningly-leaves-marquette-for-virginia-tech/?eref=sihp

Note the AU reference....seems this was guy wanting to leave in a hurry and took Va Tech when he did not get a response from AU. Would have been making $4M at Marq if he had stayed.

Big surprise...to everyone...check this:

http://college-baske...tech/?eref=sihp

Note the AU reference....seems this was guy wanting to leave in a hurry and took Va Tech when he did not get a response from AU. Would have been making $4M at Marq if he had stayed.

Very interesting. Big surprise he would leave a BB school like Marquette for VA Tech...hmm. Seems like it could of been some internal issues. Wonder if there has been any reporting or rumors of issues with the Marquette admin?

Wow, something must have really pissed him off at Marquette.

my first thoughts when I saw the hire. I thought he was getting paid well at Marquette and they are definitely a bigger bball school than us or VT. ACC or not, it was kind of a surprise to me. Not sure what contributed to the 17-15 year at Marquette this season either.

Archived