2014 Fall Practice - Day 9 (Fan Day)

RunInRed

If I'm Marshall or Mincy after that first marijuana related question you simply say, "As I've said, I made a mistake that night which I truly regret, but I'm moving forward and I won't be answering any more questions about that event. So any football practice related questions would be great."

Bullsh!t

If I'm Marshall or Mincy after that first marijuana related question you simply say, "As I've said, I made a mistake that night which I truly regret, but I'm moving forward and I won't be answering any more questions about that event. So any football practice related questions would be great."

Nah, they might have rephrased their answers.... but it was best to stay calm, stay polite, accept WHATEVER the questions, and but it all behind them.

the question i would have asked both players is ; Are you done smoking dope now? If i had time for one more question i would ask if they know what the punishment would be if they are caught again. Did they practice today or just have this fan day?

Listen, you can't let the media get you. They want to get you. To anyone saying just answer all their questions politely, sure. But then you're still playing their game. You're still letting them dictate the conversation. Anyone good with PR will make the conversation what they want it to be, and for NM and JM that is NOT their marijuana incidents.

Listen, you can't let the media get you. They want to get you. To anyone saying just answer all their questions politely, sure. But then you're still playing their game. You're still letting them dictate the conversation. Anyone good with PR will make the conversation what they want it to be, and for NM and JM that is NOT their marijuana incidents.

Yes... I agree for you, or the reader, or me.

But these guys seemed barely able to repeat the just rehearsed, the smartest thing they did was to keep it simple and not deviate from the game plan. The one time Nick tried he stutter-stepped to a stop, almost as if he knew it hard to be contrite and knew (or warned) not to make excuse. Could be wrong but talking didn't seem their strong point, both's speed appeared to be about letting their results do the talking. .... almost as if still undergraduates and men in the making?

I think you should be in charge of PR.

Congrats to the AU staff that spent the time training those two on how to handle all the questions........it was very obvious.

+1

Let me see if I can follow the script ... I made a mistake, I am sorry, and I am trying to earn back the trust of my coaches, teammates, and AU fans.

It doesn't make for very interesting interviews, but sticking to your talking points will never get you plastered across headlines for the wrong reasons.

Congrats to the AU staff that spent the time training those two on how to handle all the questions........it was very obvious.

+1

Let me see if I can follow the script ... I made a mistake, I am sorry, and I am trying to earn back the trust of my coaches, teammates, and AU fans.

It doesn't make for very interesting interviews, but sticking to your talking points will never get you plastered across headlines for the wrong reasons.

Like this....

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5638246

I think you should be in charge of PR.

Fine, but I get all the access to the wellness kitchen I want for free!

Archived