Anyone else notice this???

OnthePlains

The OP is definitely concerning. Why is everyone so quick to discredit an negative points of view? Like someone else said, when the same things were said about Chizik's practices, everyone blew it off.

It sounds to me that possibly highschool coaches, or people who have been invited to watch closed practices at multiple schools might be telling coaches at other schools that our practices are soft. From reports, we have been sitting our starters out of most scrimmages, and we may be protecting our starters more than normal since we've had key injuries. ie the soft practices may be a result of the injuries/depth chart attrition.

We'll see on Saturday how our team plays, but this time in 2012 most of you were predicting a better season than 2011. It's just asinine to write off any views that contradict your own.

It's just asinine to think the Captain of our ship and his LT's suddenly went soft. Read some of the posts of people who attended practice. When did Gus ever "Go Soft" in his entire career? The QB's were live last fall because we didn't know who the starter was going to be at that time. We now know, so they are not live, like every other team in the country.

The only logical explanation for this (not that BSPN is logical) is there were a couple practices where Gus and company were evaluating freshmen and a depth chart. If this is what you mean by "going soft" you and BSPN can have it!

Speaking of going soft, how are things working out for Trooper at Arkie state?

You lose credibility when you use "BSPN."

And in light of this "let's reasonably entertain all opinions" guise, you lost all credibility when you called us "the barn."

BOOM. TRUE AU fans NEVER call Auburn the barn. NEVER. Only turds call Auburn that. "Sniff sniff...."

Yep^^ busted! Told us about himself when that turd word barn came out of his mouth.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OP is definitely concerning. Why is everyone so quick to discredit an negative points of view? Like someone else said, when the same things were said about Chizik's practices, everyone blew it off.

It sounds to me that possibly highschool coaches, or people who have been invited to watch closed practices at multiple schools might be telling coaches at other schools that our practices are soft. From reports, we have been sitting our starters out of most scrimmages, and we may be protecting our starters more than normal since we've had key injuries. ie the soft practices may be a result of the injuries/depth chart attrition.

We'll see on Saturday how our team plays, but this time in 2012 most of you were predicting a better season than 2011. It's just asinine to write off any views that contradict your own.

It's just asinine to think the Captain of our ship and his LT's suddenly went soft. Read some of the posts of people who attended practice. When did Gus ever "Go Soft" in his entire career? The QB's were live last fall because we didn't know who the starter was going to be at that time. We now know, so they are not live, like every other team in the country.

The only logical explanation for this (not that BSPN is logical) is there were a couple practices where Gus and company were evaluating freshmen and a depth chart. If this is what you mean by "going soft" you and BSPN can have it!

And in light of this "let's reasonably entertain all opinions" guise, you lost all credibility when you called us "the barn."

BOOM. TRUE AU fans NEVER call Auburn the barn. NEVER. Only turds call Auburn that. "Sniff sniff...."

Not trying to defend Milnewd here, since I think his accusations of Updykeitude and group-think are overly self-righteous. However, I didn't see him refer to Auburn as 'the barn'. Possible I missed it.

Sounds a lot like BamaGrad03 to me.

Plenty of Auburn fans say Barn. It's a recent thing, but it's a thing. Might as well start getting used to it.

That said, I have neither love nor pity for the person in question in this thread. Fire away.

Plenty of Auburn fans say Barn. It's a recent thing, but it's a thing. Might as well start getting used to it.

No, no they don't, and I won't get used to it either. Do bama fans refer to themselves as Updykes, turds, or bammers? No, and no Auburn fan refers to our fanbase as "the barn". It is meant to be derogatory, so stop perpetuating it if you are guilty.

No, no they don't, and I won't get used to it either. Do bama fans refer to themselves as Updykes, turds, or bammers? No, and no Auburn fan refers to our fanbase as "the barn". It is meant to be derogatory, so stop perpetuating it if you are guilty.

Lol, cool.

I've been to two practices in the last three weeks and soft isn't a word I would use. Fast, energetic, punishing...maybe. Soft???? Not even close.

I've been to two practices in the last three weeks and soft isn't a word I would use. Fast, energetic, punishing...maybe. Soft???? Not even close.

Thanks -- I'll take your word for it (not to mention the word of the others who've attended practice reporting similar things) over the ESPN report.

Cue the accusations of groupthink from Milnewd ....

Sounds like bspn is full of BS! They see what's coming and they are trying to convince themselves and hope that we are soft.

It always amazes me what people think they know based on 5 minutes of viewing before a closed practice. Auburn's practices are closed, nobody knows anything about how 'soft' they practice other than the players or coaches. Just like nobody knows anything beyond what Saban is telling people about Alabama's QB situation. Closed practice doesn't give away much.

And "Word on the street" - really? That's what they're going with?

Well he never had much credibility to begin with but you are right. He is a troll as far as im concerned and always will be.

Why would you measure your reaction by what a Bama fan would do? You don't have to like it or join in, but it is a thing and not going away because a few of you don't like it. "Yankee" was originally an insult from the British, but the colonists embraced it and used it as a rallying cry. I have no problem with doing the same.

http://www.collegean...dercover-barner

http://www.warblogle.com/thebarn/

Good enough for me ... not like my opinion matters ...

wait this just in from ESPN,"Sources from in the know have stated that Auburn's practices are too rough. One source has stated that the practices are 'punishing' for players being '...maybe.Soft'." More on this later on.

Why would you measure your reaction by what a Bama fan would do? You don't have to like it or join in, but it is a thing and not going away because a few of you don't like it. "Yankee" was originally an insult from the British, but the colonists embraced it and used it as a rallying cry. I have no problem with doing the same.

It's a thing.

I am pretty amazed at the number of the frequents on here that manage to attend Gus's practices. I know y'all are on the good side, but maybe the practice isn't as closed as I thought. I know, whenever I see Joel and humpty dumpty Marcello do their practice updates, they are reporting live from the parking lot.

Ummm, you may be a little behind in the slang of today but quite a lot of AU fans and current students call AU "the barn". While I personally don't use the term, the younger kids and AU students seem to have embraced it and use the term frequently. Kind of like the uat folks call themselves Gumps, they just go with it.

Now, I haven't heard of the UGA fans/students using the term butt sniffer, arse licker, or leg humper yet but they may pick up the term soon. :Sing:

Do you refer to Auburn as a cow college too? Do you repeat jokes, regardless of them being jokes, about Auburn fans being sheep ____ers? Do you think UGA fans like and perpetuate being called leg humpers? How about corn dogs? All are meant to be derogatory, and if you allow that then no amount of reasoning will change your ways.

Ummm, you may be a little behind in the slang of today but quite a lot of AU fans and current students call AU "the barn". While I personally don't use the term, the younger kids and AU students seem to have embraced it and use the term frequently. Kind of like the uat folks call themselves Gumps, they just go with it.

Now, I haven't heard of the UGA fans/students using the term butt sniffer, arse licker, or leg humper yet but they may pick up the term soon. :Sing:/>

I graduated 4 years ago this month, so I'm not as old as some of you who think you're in touch with the youth of today because you "understand slang on a message board." The first time I heard it, while I was in school, I took it as negative and always have. None of the bama fans I know refer to themselves as Gumps. See my post above regarding UGA fans.

Now, I haven't heard of the UGA fans/students using the term butt sniffer, arse licker, or leg humper yet but they may pick up the term soon. :Sing:/>

I graduated 4 years ago this month, so I'm not as old as some of you who think you're in touch with the youth of today because you "understand slang on a message board." The first time I heard it, while I was in school, I took it as negative and always have. None of the bama fans I know refer to themselves as Gumps. See my post above regarding UGA fans.

I'm just noting what I hear the teenagers and young college kids say these days. It's not just the youth of today as evidenced by the websites called "the Barn" and articles posted by "TheBarner" that WarEagle84 linked above.

IMO it's the internet age ~ things often times posted on message boards make a person become callus and immune to derogatory terms and references. You come to accept them as slang and not take offense to them when you hear them.

I always thought AU people using the term "Barn" or "Barner" was just kind of a sarcastic way to deflect the negative connotation of it off. Plus, its funny. If AU people use Barn, then Bama people will stop using it due to the lack of 'burn' it is supposed to provide.

Archived