Bielema - coaches were stuck in elevator.

hunter021003

They had over an hour together during the weather delay. Hogs looked worse after delay than any point in the game. But, it still doesn't look good for visiting coaches to miss halftime stuck in elevator.

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn and Arkansas entered Saturday's game tied at 21 at halftime, but the Tigers managed to put up an additional 24 points in the second half for a 45-21 win.

When asked about his halftime adjustments, Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema told reporters his assistant coaches were stuck in a Jordan-Hare Stadium elevator and were unable to meet their players.

"We ran into a little glitch," Bielema said. "Our coaches never made it down from the half. They were stuck in elevators. There was kind of a little audible there we had to deal with, but the great thing was the kids had big eyes and big ears."

When asked if the elevator issues affected his game plan at the break, Bielema elaborated.

"It is what it is," he said. "We had to roll with the flow. Obviously I have coaches up in the booth who look forward to coming down here and meeting as a staff and get on the same page. We were able to communicate by phone.

"I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it, they just weren't able to get down there. I don't have the full story on it, I just know they were actually stuck."

They had over an hour together during the weather delay. Hogs looked worse after delay than any point in the game. But, it still doesn't look good for visiting coaches to miss halftime stuck in elevator.

it was probably all those pb&j's they had.

We shut them out the second half and beat them by 24 points. He showed the world what Arkansas is about. What does it take to shut him up.

I hate hear what he says if they win a meaningful game

Did they not bring their passports? People from Arky really need to bring their passports when flying or taking elevators.

Jokes aside, the technical problems in the stadium were an embarrassment. :no:/>

Strongly Agree, And with all the prep time and checking the clocks failed? It may be computer controlled, but there needs to be a real backup system, not just letting the refs completely handle it on the field. A hurry up team like Auburn has to have the scoreboard clocks.

Same goes for the comm system between the sideline and booth coaches. 2 independent systems needed for failover.

^^^ this ^^^

when taken in

it sounded more like a general comment than a whiny complaint.

I've no doubt it wasn't a whiny excuse. But,

1. Do you really expect me to watch 9 minutes of BB? Not gonna happen.
  2. He has brought this derision on himself. The old adage 'don't dish it out if you can't take it' applies here to BB and all of the Arkansas fans. They will have to decide whether to continue to dish it out, or whether to continue to back a coach who cannot help dishing it out. But until they change their minds about one of those, they gotta learn to take it.

Archived